Bleeding from eyes

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Bleeding from eyes

Post by rhys »

Does any one know how i can get someone to bleed from there eyes? I have seen it on kill bill and resident evil apocalypse and want to know how to do it. It is also a real thing that can happen, i was watching 'amaising medical mysteries' or something and it said if some vein popped in her head shed bleed from her nose, mouth, ears and eyes and die in under a minute. I want to know how to have a fully open eye with blood dripping down from it. I dont exactly have any 3d programs so, that wont work. So does any one have any ideas?
Hide or fight for your life?
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

Is the face plain looking or what does it look like if its fried I can definelty help.
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Bleeding from eyes

Post by rhys »

It's like a normal face.
It just looks like blood is coming out of the bottom eye lid.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

just make a small cut at the bottom of your eylids, jeez....
Pubicface

Post by Pubicface »

alright this is just an idea.

1. You get a very thin tube of bendable plastic material, (it has to be very bendable, for a tube that stiffens after being bended wont work either) and cut as many holes in it as you want the blood to come out from.
2. You get a skin colored liquid latex or putty or wax
3. Lay the tube against the actors actual lower eyelid
4. Apply putty (or whatever ya got) over the tube to blend it with the face of the actor until tube is no longer visible (if the actor is a woman or has long hair you could have the hair cover the part of the tube on the side of the actors face which would make it alot easier than having to add more putty to that side of the face. Also apply as little putty as is needed, too much will look like the actor has an alien baby growing out of their eye.
5. put the end of the tube in some kind of pump and pump blood out through it on cue.

Of course you'll need two tubes to have both eyes bleeding. And if you happen not to be able to find a way of pumping out the blood, you can always pour the blood into the tubes and blow through the end yourself. But you'd have to be very careful with the direction the holes are aiming, even with them aiming away there is a chance the blood could spurt into the eye and cause your actor to scream "IT BURNS!!!" for a good 5-10 minutes. So this is just like a last resort kinda thing, needless to say you'd have to add lots of water into the blood for it to flow through the tubes.
http://www.farmaggio.com
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Bleeding from eyes

Post by rhys »

Well the blood actually seeps from the bottom eye lid, there are no cuts, it just pours out like a tear, but faster and alot more of it and from the whole eye, not just the corner.
Firestorm

RE: Bleeding from eyes

Post by Firestorm »

Well, if all else is extremely impractical, you could try CG. Although for realistic viscous liquid flow over a smooth surface with motion and all... yeah. Maybe Photoshop + AE and stuff?
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

I would either put the blood already on the face then use a mask to reveal it. Or use a prosthetic going from the ear to the eye with a practical tube going through it... you see them do it alot on older movies. Otherwise it can be done CG... I refer you to one of Bjorks film clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH5rs6SA8iQ
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Pubicface

Post by Pubicface »

Yea the appliance idea would work perfect but chances are you wont be able to find an appliance like that to match the actors face without the edges looking thick and showy, so if you try the putty/tube idea just remember the holes dont have to be in the corner, they can be anywhere you place them along the tube.
http://www.farmaggio.com
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

I was gonna say exactly what pubic said but I thought the tube would be 2 noticable just do a cut -off
ex the dude , random thing , him bleeding
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

One idea would be a bit of acting and him clutching his face, have the tubes running up one finger on each hand.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

If you got some liquid latex and some pax or foundation matching the skin tone vaguely you could apply latex to his face let it dry then use a probe to make a small "vein" underneath the latex to his eye. then just pump the blood through the other end using a tube. The blood will run through the little pipe you made from pushing the probe through
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]