Precinct 71 Video Blog #2

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Precinct 71 Video Blog #2

Post by Kentertainment »

Lo and behold! Here is the second video blog for the newest Kentertainment Pictures production directed by Sean (Gyro on this forum), "Precinct 71"

If you don't know, the film is a action/comedy buddy cop. In the year 1989, Detective John Burlinsky is assigned a new partner, Jack Spinelli, a Detective transfered from big time New York City to dullville Salt Lake. Although the Cold War is soon to end, Terrorists from communistic Georgia have chosen Salt Lake City to assemble four nuclear bombs that will eventually be transferred to bigger U.S. cities. Now the two Detectives must assemble the pieces to solving the biggest crime the city has seen since ever!

Watch and comment. The film is being shot in 24fps, Panasonic AG-DVX100B...this blog was shot with a Canon GL1 and GL2 and edited with Vegas 7.0. Enjoy!

angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Precinct 71 Video Blog #2

Post by angusware »

That's cool. Man I wish I had someone to film a making of of my films, most of the time I'm holding the camera, the script and the microphone...and no one ever brings me chairs either.
Perhaps I should buy some slaves?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Here is the first one to anybody who missed it...

angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

Yay! That first one was cooler than the second one, can't wait for the release...should be good.
thecrowdravin

Post by thecrowdravin »

Nice man
:D

just Curious, Do you record your sound using a recorder or using the camera?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Are you referring to the blog or to the actual film? For the film we're using a boom-mic, I'm not sure the brand because we're checking it out from a production company based in Salt Lake that a couple of us are apprentices for. They actually have a film that was selected to Sundance this year. Anywho, the blog sound is coming from the on-board mic.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Sure was.
@seanbagley
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Hey, great job. Your footage from the Panasonic camera looks great! Are those clips in the first blog color corrected? (of him jogging, at the top of the hill)

It's really fun to watch these; just to see how the film is being made. And I have to ask...what font are you using for the titles? It's very slick looking.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

yeah, that font is awesome
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Thanks Clarence! The footage hasn't been color corrected yet, that'll be probably one of the last things done to the actual footage. But I will agree with you, I'm a fan of behind the scenes type stuff so it was almost a must to do the video blogs.

The font is called "Blockschrift für Flugzeuge" and I got it off dafont.com, here is the link http://www.dafont.com/blockschrift-fur-fl.font
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

That was funtastic. When the camera zoomed in on your car: I was half expecting some guy to run up and break out a window.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

If I drive down to Utah can I film with you guys? 'Cause it would appear that you represent everything my friends are not when it comes to filming. Can't wait to see the finished project, and keep the vid-blogs coming!

EDIT: Nice post count Gyro Image
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

maj_barnes wrote:When the camera zoomed in on your car: I was half expecting some guy to run up and break out a window.
If that were to occur you'd probably have saw me roll as fast as I could down the mountain.
UFProductions wrote:If I drive down to Utah can I film with you guys?
That'd be a pretty long drive...and as long as your not a sexual predator. There was a time THP came to Utah and when he was telling me everywhere he went he named a place that's not even five minutes from my house. It was wild.
joe

Post by joe »

The film is being shot in 24fps, Panasonic AG-DVX100B
If I'm not mistaken, its not true 24fps, but rather 24p, a mode emulating a 24fps look.
Either way, its a dope camera that I can't afford.

Joe
thecrowdravin

Post by thecrowdravin »

Kentertainment wrote:Are you referring to the blog or to the actual film? For the film we're using a boom-mic, I'm not sure the brand because we're checking it out from a production company based in Salt Lake that a couple of us are apprentices for. They actually have a film that was selected to Sundance this year. Anywho, the blog sound is coming from the on-board mic.
But the boom was placed in the camera right and not in a tape recorder.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

joe wrote:
The film is being shot in 24fps, Panasonic AG-DVX100B
If I'm not mistaken, its not true 24fps, but rather 24p
Yeah, that's right, my bad.
thecrowndravin wrote:But the boom was placed in the camera right and not in a tape recorder
Yeah we just used the on board mic imports from the boom-mic.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Dunno how this thread slipped me by over the last couple of days...

Really enjoyed those video diaries! Sat back with some food and got really engrossed by them! Funny and inspirational. And as always, looking forward to seeing the finished results from you guys!

Loved the contrasts between the two video formats too! Bet it looks great on TV with the interlaced and progressiveness.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

What do you think of the GL2, Kentertainment? Does it support 16:9? Progressive scan?

Just asking 'cause I'm interested in maybe picking up a GL2.
thecrowdravin

Post by thecrowdravin »

thanks dude the film should be nice
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Clarence wrote:What do you think of the GL2, Kentertainment? Does it support 16:9? Progressive scan?
I never actually used the GL2, it was also something we were checking out from the production company and that was once because we didn't have our usual GL1 (from our school). The GL1 supports 16:9 so I'd assume so would the GL2 and I did a little google search and got: "he canon GL2 offers progressive video @ 30 fps"

From what I saw it was, the GL2 is a nifty little camera. I don't know how clear the difference is between the GL1 and the GL2 is. GL2 footage was us on the mountain and in the basement. GL1 footage was us in the ally.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

One questions. When i record with my boom mic and everything. The sound fills to one side. How do you make it to fill both?
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I'll pm you just so this doesn't throw the board off topic.

Anyone else care to comment on the blogs?
TheMalteseJob

Post by TheMalteseJob »

you guys remind me of my freidns and I. We also had a similar "hill" experience of climbing up and down a steep hill over and over in the searing summer heat of 38 degrees celcius... at least I was in normal clothes since i'm director but the 2 actors were in thick tops and leather jackets and jeans. One of them ended up being sick afterwards :lol:

Any idea when the film will be done? And are you doing this 'legally' so to speak, ie using your own music etc? Or is it a practice film.
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

That hike was fun. I am a fan of going up the side of the mountain. Which we did on the way down and all almost died. This film is not going to have original music, the first Blog, (the one with the parking lot scene) showed us that.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

ProdigyFilmsinc. wrote:Which we did on the way down and all almost died.
No we didn't.