Lights Out

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

chchaisson1

Lights Out

Post by chchaisson1 »

My new film, titled Lights Out, is now in pre-production. So, I'll keep you updated on this thread about the film. I'm writing the script, currently, so I'll post it when it's done.

The story is about a little boy who is terrified of everything having to do with the dark, and is convinced that there is something terrible waiting there. However, nobody believes him. Everybody tells him that there is nothing in the dark that isn't in the light...but when the power goes out on a stormy night while the little boy and his big brother's parents are away, there is no escape from the dark and whatever lurks in it.

Just kind of wrote that up quickly.

The website for the film is coming soon, and the blog is here.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Lights Out

Post by BrownCowStudios »

You'd better be damn good at lighting to pull this one off, considering it takes place in "pitch black."
Erm... yeah...
chchaisson1

Post by chchaisson1 »

Here is a small excerpt from the ROUGH DRAFT script:

INT. Kitchen, Burke House - NIGHT

It's a PDF file. Website adress is http://www.lightsoutmovie.net , but it is just reserved...not fully registered. Meanwhile, you can preview the website here.
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

Sounds kool
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Sounds good. If you get it right it will be creepy, and jumpy.

If the electric is cut, all the lights will go out at the same time. If a fuse blows, all the lights will go out at the same time. It would be nicer, scarier, and a better shot if they all went out one by one, it just doesn't really happen like that.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
cwf

Post by cwf »

not trying to sound too negative but to me the plot is a utter rip of Darkness Falls. Being as it is a LITTLE BOY who is scared of the dark and in both films people DONT BELIEVE HIM and try to CONVINCE him there is nothing there!
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

I have never seen 'Darkness Falls' so I can't agree nor disagree. But, I will say this; most ideas and stories are similar to others that have been made. It is extremely hard, if not impossible, to create an original idea. Someone somewhere has always had a similar idea. Look at 'The Sixth Sense' and 'Stir of Echoes' same idea about a sixth sense, but two completely different approaches.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Yeah, big rip-off of Darkness Falls. But, if you do decide to run with it, just keep in mind that Darkness Falls was possibly the worst excuse for a horror movie I have ever seen, EVER, so try to be as original and innovative as you can, and it may turn out quite well (it all depends on the atmosphere you create, and the quality of the script)
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
chchaisson1

Post by chchaisson1 »

I've actually never seen darkness falls, but I was under the impression that it was about the tooth fairy.
New site released!
Join the Forum!
http://www.boathouse-productions.com/