VerY IMPOrtANT

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

the_satanic_COokie

VerY IMPOrtANT

Post by the_satanic_COokie »

OK, I don't think I've ever heard of this before, maybe I'm just being stupid or repeating something someone else has said, BUT I have some very good advice for ANYONE trying to make more disgusting fake blood.

Now it goes like this, the fake blood we were using was runny and thin, it looked great if not alittle too light. (we bought this from walmart I dont know the brand name), SO it was my bright idea to add a layer of chocolate syrup to the mix. It worked great dark crimson blood that stuck and looked thick and gross. SO, we poured some syrup in the bottle of blood and just used it like that. We got done filming, and I closed the bottle and put it in the storage building.

THen we went into a long stint of creating costumes, editing and other stuff. Basically I didn't see that bottle for about 2 weeks to a month. When we went out to film a few more scenes, I noticed that the bottle was bloated, but I grabbed it anyway. On the set, I opened the bottle and was a bout to start pouring it on my head, when my friend started choking and stuff. I asked him waht was wrong and apparently I had held the bottle under his nose, and he said it was the worst smelling thing ever...

I knew this stuff wasn't GOOD smelling but I didin't htink it was that bad, so I sniffed it and sure enough it was a terrible chemically oily, just dangerous smell. IT was the worst thing I had ever had in my head, I swear to god folks. I could taste it, i could feel the smell in my teeth, and FOR f*** SAKE I WORK AT A CHEMICAL PLANT. So I poured a little out on the ground, and it was gray-ish brown-ish blue colored. This kinda freaked me out so I brought it to my dad ( a chemist), and he looked at it and apparently THe chocolate had reacted with teh fake blood and formed some type of terrible flammable liquid that is basically a highly concentrated acid. I'm not kidding.

I had no idea chocolate syrup could do that to fake blood.

SO anyway, a word of warning, IT LOOKS GOOD, but DONT mix chocolate syrup and fake blood in a sealed container and leave it in the heat for a month. IT f*** your s*** up.

thank you

~SiMS
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I found that instant coffee grounds are a good thinner. They dissolve fast, and have the same effect as chocolate syrup. Only problem is, if you mix up a big batch and leave it, it will absorb all the red, and you'll wind up with a big bottle of diarreha water.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

My brother has just gotten his PhD in chemistry, I'll try find out what it could be in more specific terms.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Grant

Post by Grant »

My advice is i usually make the blood on the day and use it on the day lol
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

hmmm, that could be okay if mixed in with a normal blood mixture (the look of disgust is one that cant be acted and should be cherised)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I prefer chocolate syrup for mouth blood. MMmmmm.....