grading

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

robosays21

grading

Post by robosays21 »

he yall this is kinda dumb but i was wondering what yall thought about this color grading for my new movie :) it is lika tint of green with different contrast settings and i made it in premiere elements

aaah sorry the links not workin im workin on it...

and also, when it does work, the first video shown is the graded part. when it gets to 13 seconds thats what the video looked lik before

http://media.putfile.com/filter-test

okay NOW it should work

my apologozies!
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: grading

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Ah, God. I hate putfile. Is there any way you can put it on Google video, or Youtube? Me and putfile have never had a good relationship. It wants my blood for some reason.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: grading

Post by rhys »

I agree Mr.Anderson, youtube or googlevideo is the way. I want to see it, but i cant, its not working.
Hide or fight for your life?
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

alrighty ill do it ma bad...

EDIT

ok guys here it is, the only thing i dont lik about google video is that it lowers the quality...but at least it works lol

okay, the first 12 seconds are the footage WITH the filter.

the last half is the ORIGINAL footage

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5459981754
bloodymess

Post by bloodymess »

it's good, it looks much more filmish, and gives a moody feeling... I like it!
"More blood, More blood! Here, give me the bottle!"
-William Wyler on the set of Ben-Hur

http://darkartifacts.blogspot.com
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

hey thanks a lot thats what i was shootin for
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I'm kinda disturbed by the up-the-pants shot of the kid at the beginning, but the colour correction / grading is good.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I didnt notice any difforence wat so eva.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

It's nothing to rave over, but it's certainly an improvement over the original footage, and if you aren't looking for it to really pop at the viewer, and be more of a subtle thing I'd say it's perfect.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

well yeah its basically just to get away from that dv lok and give it that "film look"
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

I didnt notice any difforence wat so eva.
that's only cause you're color blind silly....
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yes........................................................ sorry but im not.
The only pics i saw were on something and it didnt look much difforent, so why bother.
And wat the hell is with every one trying to give it that 'film look' who honestly is going to be going through there dvd selection going,
"omg, they filmed with a digital video camera OH GOD!!!!! :("
For gods sake, if u care that much buy a camera or use the auto key plugin in adobe premiere pro 2.0
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Ah yes, because the technical aspects of your work are the pinnacle of amateur movie-making achievement, something we should all strive for. What robosays21 has done here is taken footage from a camera that I'm guessing cost a lot less than $1000, and make it look as if it came from a much more professional rig. Colour correction and grading (along with lighting and composition) are the biggest factor in setting the mood of a movie. Would The Matrix have been the same movie if it hadn't had the green tinted other-worldliness to it? Would The Abyss have been as starkly confining without it's blue and grey overtones? When you say who cares if a DVD in their collection looks like it was shot on DV; I do. I paid $20 for a movie, I want it to look like the people responsible for creating it actually took their time, invested effort in every aspect of it to make it look as good as possible. The best example, 28 Days Later, shot entirely on DV camera's, and with ample time spent in post-production the result is one of the most moody, intensely isolating movies released in the past 10 years.

You do these short "I filmed them in a day" videos, then post them for us to critique, while in the same post discredit them, calling your work no good. So I've got to ask, if all you keep doing is short test-clips with results you are not proud of, why bother?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

amen.