WW2 House Explosion

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

LOL.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
Father_McGrueder

Post by Father_McGrueder »

Gasoline would be the fuel which cars run on? Sorry, we call it petrol here in Australia. It doesn't explode. If you are thinking of igniting the gasoline with a firecracker, I'd make sure to test it first. A cracker may not be sufficiant to ignite. Personally, I'd attempt the propane/butane/LPG balloons. They'll give off a nice ball of flame. Gasoline will simply start a fire, which, I imagine, is not the effect you are looking for.

Also, try Shellite. It's more exciting than gasoline. Nice visible yellow flame and none of the acrid, black smoke. Burns for sodding ages, too.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I agree, use propane balloons instead of gasoline if at all possible. Oh, and also, spray WD-40 inside of the balloon before you fill it-- it makes a very nice colorful, "Hollywood"-like fireball when used in combination with a highly flammable gas.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Gasoline would be the fuel which cars run on? Sorry, we call it petrol here in Australia. It doesn't explode.
-It was a joke.
Use rocket engines! You can egnite them from very far away, and the explosion is great!
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Um, they don't, strictly speaking, explode. How would you use them to destroy a model, exactly?
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

You could do the fireball, then get a compressor and have the model pieced together loosely, then set them off at the same time. The fireball simulates the explosion, the the compressor blows away the house; but I hate fireballs, throw some dirt and debris into a funnel connected to the compressor to give it a cool-
uh, dirt and debris look.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

I don't want fire, just a dirt_smoke explosion. I'll use the compressor way, if I can rent/buy one. Like the house explosion(s) in BoB #3.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

Compressor is definitly the best way to go for what your looking for.
If you use gasoline it will look like a ball of fire....and I have done it myself, and dont let anyone tell you that gasoline just burns...:D it explodes into a great big fireball....total sweetness!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Engine rockets burn, not explode. Hence it makes a good engine, not explosive. Gasoline just burns too. Hence it is used in cars. :)
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Would engine rockets even work for dirt hits? Anyways, I might try the gasoline idea, just too see what it looks like...what safety precautions (besides not have face over the gas)
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Yeah, rocket engines would work for dirt hits, provided you bury them properly. But if you're gonna go with explosives for dirt hits, just use squibs--simpler and cheaper.
Jasonrocks

Re: RE: WW2 House Explosion

Post by Jasonrocks »

Jasonrocks wrote:Well take some TNT and blow up a real house, preferably not your own. Blow up your enemys and get it on camera! (CAUTION: MAKE SURE THERE IS NOBODY IN THE HOUSE FIRST :CAUTION)
Sorry for the cr** joke folks, it fell a wee bit flat. :?
Visits? That would indicate visitors!
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: WW2 House Explosion

Post by Radiate »

Um, they don't, strictly speaking, explode. How would you use them to destroy a model, exactly?
Imobalize them, i've done it, it looks great.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: WW2 House Explosion

Post by Almondo99 »

Imobilize them? Wouldn't they be still if they're inside a miniature?
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Epsilon wrote: Gasoline just burns too. Hence it is used in cars. :)
Since when? :)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Take a puddle of gasoline and put a match to it. Watch what happens. Even if it's encapsulated, it won't explode most of the time.
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Imobilize them? Wouldn't they be still if they're inside a miniature?
How would an explosion be still?
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Imobilize the rocket thing inside the miniature.