Sanguinary Man

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

beautiful, "perfect crime" reminds me of resevoir dogs....
Nope, all shot in Bedfordshire - why do you ask?
even though im from texas, i went over to my aunts house for a month in yorkshire,england and her house looked exactly like that one....i guess they are all very similar....[/quote]
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Very slick camera work there. Looking forward to its full release. The girls cute too :)
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Glad you liked it (and her, lol). We've got about 2 scenes left to shoot but with work experience for the next two weeks and then our exams we may not see the finished product for maybe a month?

So until then heres another short scene, enjoy and comment - http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=SM-freak-out-small
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

it's the blink-and-your'll-miss-it flash of him in the mirror which does it for me in that scene. utterly awesome.
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
levertuning

Post by levertuning »

Nice work man. Can't wait to see the whole movie.
That teaser en full trailer really got me excited.
XeFx309

Post by XeFx309 »

Do you use a camera stabilizer?
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Nope.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

we have MGM, NGM, and now NG, is anything original??
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

ah by the way good stuff. I am 15 and I dont have any body around that can act like that.
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

windog wrote:ah by the way good stuff. I am 15 and I dont have any body around that can act like that.
we have MGM, NGM, and now NG, is anything original??
I think it would be hard to find something more original than 'Nipple Goose Films'
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

whos that girl in ur trailer
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

An actress friend of mine, Lauren Peters. She did pretty well, no?
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Yes, she did very well.

I've only gotten to see one of the clips and the teaser trailer (rapidshare problems plus proxy problems), but it looks excellent! Your camerawork, as mentioned before, is superb. . . . along with the lighting, and, well, everything!

What camera are you using? (just wondering)
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

The Sony DCR HC 14 or something random like that, so really nothing special.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

ya but she was also pretty hot
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

UPDATE: Alright boyos, the film is one scene away from completion and should be up on here by the end of July. For now, here's our brand new, two and a half minute long trailer. Enjoy and let us know what you think to it asap:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2612690/SMtrailer.wmv.html
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Well, its been a while but the films finally finished. It's quite a large file though, anyone got any ideas where I could host it for a while where everyone will get a chance to take a look? Thanks
ChemicalShamanII

Post by ChemicalShamanII »

I for one am really looking forward to seeing the completed movie. Have you thought about using the new google video service? It seems like a really good idea but nobody here seems to be using it yet, maybe you could be the first.

https://upload.video.google.com/

It looks like a relatively easy process and I don't think there are an real constraints with size.

Give it a shot and let us know once you've got it up. The good thing about using their service is also that your audience wouldn't be limited to these forums.

CS
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

www.filefront.com will allow you to upload anything under a gig. Hey I complettely forgot about this movie but when you first posted up stuff I was really excited, can't wait.
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Sorry the film has been withdrawn
Last edited by NGFilms03 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChemicalShamanII

Post by ChemicalShamanII »

Wow, just finished watching it and im really impressed. I have a lot of faith in you guys as film makers. At your age you are doing better work than a lot of adults here, this is definately what you should be doing with your life.

I suppose the first thing that people will probably comment on is your ages, and i'll admit usually I don't like seeing kids playing adults. Not that I think you guys are "kids" just that you are obviously younger than the characters you are playing. But in this case it really doesn't matter at all. I understand your constraints and that you and your friends want to make films NOW and truthfully the age thing doesn't matter because not only are you guys great actors but also great film makers.

In terms of film making your continuity is fantastic, you have lots of variety and originality with your camera angles and you manage to convey particular feels and emotions with the camera angles that you have used for certain scenes. Really really impressive.

So in terms of general film making you guys really excell. In terms of minor details there are a couple of issues which probably don't even need pointing out.

The blood you used didn't look very realistic, kind of looked like tomatoe sauce. In black and white it's really just far too light to pass off as real blood. You should have used an office for the conversation between the cop and his boss and not a classroom, it just looked to class-room-ish. You sort of got rid of partner to to quickly and unexlainedly. The way his partner blamed him for letting the guy get away and then the outburst when he punched him in the stomach just wasn't very convincing.

The movie was a little rushed and quite a few things weren't explained very well, why did the guy pull out all of the victims teeth? (for example)

All these things aside you really did make an excellent movie and I just finished watching it for a second time. Keep em coming coz you guys are really f*cken good at this.

CS
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Wow, lol. Thanks alot for taking the time to comment, it was really helpful! You've only noticed a tiny fraction of stuff that doesn't make sense in the film. We came up with most of it while we were shooting and just threw it in. Our next film should be more structured and just a bit better! Lol. Thanks again. Anyone else got any opinions?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

The Good:
-The cinematography was excellent.
-Acting was mostly good
-The ending made me shiver (always a good sign)
-Good dialoge (wasn't really blown away with cursing like a lot of movies tend to do)
-Suspensful
-Music matched (for the most part)

The Bad
-The plot could've developed a bit more (as stated), I was slightly confused.
-B&W is a little overused to get a dramatic feel
-The Wardrobe was alright, it was a little too teenagery (if that's a word). For instance, the low pants, sweatshirst, chucks with a suit, not to mention crazy hair. It kinda drew away from the proffesionalism that law enforcement normally have.
-The music was good for the most part but it sometimes just cut or faded really quickly.

Good Job my friend and keep up the good work and hopefully you'll improve for your next film (I don't mean that in a rude way). Hope this helps.

Final Grade: B
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Goose, why did he kill himself?
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Cos we don't know how to end a film.

Not really. Urm.... Just because he was regretting what he'd done now that he thinks he's killed two people, one of them being an ex-best friend. He's got that crazy haired copper on his trail and sees no escape.

And thanks for giving away the ending, nooch.