Blue Lights for Night

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Perhaps I ought to toss in you don't want to simply use any colored plastic to throw on a light. Lighting gels are designed to withstand high temperatures. Using something from the kitchen like seran wrap or gift-wrapping supplies will melt and may even catch on fire. Then you've got a problem.

You can't get a strobe light to stay on consistantly. A strobe light is meant to... well, strobe. The bulb would more than likely burn out quickly if you attempted to keep it on for an extended amount of time.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

My strobe light is officially broken. Is there a way i could use its shell to project the light (and color it)?
Hide or fight for your life?
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

You could always experiment, and try various things, then see if anything tickles your fancy.

It's great you're asking for opinions, but try not being as dependent. You've got ideas, go try them! Find out for yourself whether or not they work, you might come up with something great.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

rhys wrote:My strobe light is officially broken. Is there a way i could use its shell to project the light (and color it)?
Again, a strobe light is not meant to project light constantly. So, unless the shell is made of metal, it may very possibly melt and become a safety hazard. Is that a chance you're willing to take?

Lights are not that expensive. It would be well worth your effort to invest in decent lighting.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

In a film I did called "I Want Money" there was small scene where to characters are talking, at night, on the front lawn. I simply made sure that where I'd be filming would at least have some sort of natural light (Light hanging on the house). I then took a flood light and placed it under the natural light. This made it seem as if it were the natrual light and in the process, it increased the lighting a lot. It was clear that it was night, and you could see everything going on.

This is just a suggestion for an alternate way that doesn't require buying stuff...that is, if you have a flood light (or something related).
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah i do. Ill try that, but i dont want it to p*** off the neighbours. I will also try the stobe thing for the darker areas to see what happens.
Darzeth

Post by Darzeth »

just buy a blue light bulb if its to bright put a sheet or something to dim it.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Um... ever heard of fire? Thats what happens when u put materials on very hot things. And besides putting a sheet on the light would make it completely useless. Besides i took an answer before.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I forgot how funny this thread was. If the lamp is powerful enough to set something on fire, then unless it's dimmed it's going to wreck the shot by making it painfully obvious that you've got a lamp off camera.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Unless of course you read Kentertainments post, which says to put from the direction of an already natural light. In that case it would work, and u can put it from a distance anyway.
SgtPadrino we salute you! Im kidding, why would i do that?