Sneak Peek at new Project!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sneak Peek at new Project!

Post by maj_barnes »

New project for my film class. We have to do a music video: it's suppose to be a test at our use of lighting. At least most of the movie is not properly lit:mostly from ambient light or overexposing things, the entire sequence you'll see and most of the movie is film at 30 shutter speed (expect the final scene in this sequence). A few scenes will be so I can get graded on that.

Anyways, since the project is suppose to be a music video and my song is only 4min: the editing in this will be tight and not drawing out shots as long as I wanted to (and most of the dialogue in some scenes will be cut :( ). But hey, to get some interest in this (unlike my last video) thought I throw up a random scene to lure you guys to check it out when it's done (in about a week and a half). And no, the song is not placed properly in respect to the whole video; and the widescreen didn't really come out to the right proportion.

Please let me know how the ending scene looked, during that part I switched off and on the color correction to make it look more... different.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Sneak Peek at new Project!

Post by UFProductions »

Looked cool, reminded me of "Collateral" a bit. You certainly like filming cars don't you?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

The music is from Collateral. Cars and guns are the best. Maybe I should make a Twisted Metal video. :D
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

The guy just kinda pops out of his car. Do you have a blank gun? Or how do you do ur muzzle flashes?
Hide or fight for your life?
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

The guy just kinda pops out of his car.
?

And we use blanks.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

I would recommend watching more music videos maj_barnes, because music videos are normally fast paced with many shots, while this draws too much on shots. You could do more on the person in the car, from different angles within it.

This runs more like a movie than a MV.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Yea, I think I should too. Editing this. it's just looking like a movie... with a music track thrown across it. :D