school project movie

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

school project movie

Post by Zac »

in school we have had to make a short movie on our dreams for the future, and seing as its a movie it pretty much ties in with mine. but anyway, i know its got a couple of really bad cuts near the end but thats cos we didnt have any other shots to fill them in (im editing it at home because adobe premier pro is a little better than whatever sh*t they're using on the apples, ive seen it and it looks pretty cr**)
i dont care if you dont like it, and trust me, compared to other groups vids this is a master piece.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=J6a57w0PpgQ[/youtube]
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: school project movie

Post by rhys »

That was alright.
The head shot was great, seemed alittle gorey for a school, but it was damn good.
The pauses cut the voices some of the time, but other than that its not too shabby.
Hide or fight for your life?
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Hehe, not to bad. A bit of a morbid way to look at it, but still it ties together quite well.
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

yeh good, i liked the head shot too. and the fps angle was good. bad muzzel flashes though
www.freewebs.com/martinman300
no-budget film making.
Opposingforce

Post by Opposingforce »

Good film just bit of criticism. The kid wearing the red top, well if he got shot in the head then how come he crawled from behind the locker and asked for help? If somone gets shot in the head don't they almost certainly die instantly?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

It was a difforent person maybe?
Lebotimizer_1

Post by Lebotimizer_1 »

Man did that suck it sucked worse than wallaby stew
'Ive been eating nothing but chicken tika and lasagne for days" - Dead Mans Walk 04
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

that didn't suck, you've done worse

i liked the shots and angles, some editing was sloppy but you already know that
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

If somone gets shot in the head don't they almost certainly die instantly?
ahha! thats what i wanted you to think! nah, not nesiserily, it didnt in kill bill and in real life its happened lots. besides its just meant to be some wierd/funny bit.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah, like that satanic chick, she got her husband to shoot her then himself, but she survived and went mental. So now shes in a psychiatric ward.
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

I know this lady in real life that got shot in the head point blank and lived.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah, thats what we have been saying. Well i have.
JARHEAD

Post by JARHEAD »

Liked the effects and thought that it was pretty well edited and thought it also had some well setup shots.
Growlingdog Productions
http://growlingdog.net/
jared@growlingdog.net
Ornsack

Re: school project movie

Post by Ornsack »

Zac wrote:(im editing it at home because adobe premier pro is a little better than whatever sh*t they're using on the apples, ive seen it and it looks pretty cr**)
i dont care if you dont like it
You're a very angry young man, aren't you? *pats head*

Enjoyed that though! Nice lil twist. Shame you all had to wear your school uniform throughout.

Surprised you're allowed to bring fake guns in to school...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: school project movie

Post by OutcastJiob »

Nice. I thought it was a nice touch when it said "cop," and then, well, the rest I won't give away for anyone who's reading the comments without having watched it, but it was quite witty.

Surprised you got to bring guns in as well. Also, just a technical point, I thought the cops in Australia quit carrying guns? Or was that just in Britain? (they don't carry guns in Britain, right? Or have I lost my mind completely?). Note: I only mention Australia and Britain together because, as far as I remember, they have similar gun laws. I'm not such an American ignoramus that I think they're still the same country or anything. Just sayin'. . . .

One other thing is that the muzzle flashes could definitely use some improvement. They looked very pasted-in. I know it's a bit of a pain to get good looking flashes in Premiere, though, so it's not a really big deal.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: school project movie

Post by Jperson »

Zac wrote:(im editing it at home because adobe premier pro is a little better than whatever sh*t they're using on the apples, ive seen it and it looks pretty cr**)
I'm not sure if you should even go there, adobe premier is made for Apple you idiot and besides Apple is the 1st choice for all pro deigners /film-makers / graphic artist / sfx artists / any other artists in fact, I don't need to go on...
Zac wrote:i dont care if you dont like it, and trust me, compared to other groups vids this is a master piece.
??? You're defending your movie before we even start, I really don't think you needed that.

OK, I laughed out loud when the guy first drew the gun!!! It was like two school boys in school uniform (acting pretty cr** - which is one of my pet hates, when the acting is 100% wooden) and then suddenly, wham, a gun!!! And they're all wearing the same uniform, OK it's a school project, so I'll let you off on that one, but dreams for the future??

I would say 4/10, I'm afraid...
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

You know what? That was actually quite enjoyable. However, I will agree with those who mentioned the editing being slightly sloppy, as well as non-realistic muzzle flashes. Also, when the first character gets shoved out of the way, it appears that he flies a little further than he should with the push he received...but overall, I liked it!

I found the fact that the clip was actually a scene being directed by a director to be rather intriguing. Nice touch! The angles were nice. Especially the deep shot of gunman 1 sticking his head out looking at gunman 2. Reminded me of a video game I had played somewhere along the line...

The only thing I would've really liked to you to have had in that video, was some background music. You'd be amazed how much of a difference a little music that catches the mood will help acheive the feeling you're going for.

And Jperson, 4/10? I think you're being a little over-critical, as well as pointing out the obvious.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

I'm not sure if you should even go there, adobe premier is made for Apple you idiot
thats not what im saying, they dont HAVE adobe premier pro at the school, and the program they DO have is cr**.
And they're all wearing the same uniform
well you know, in the planet i come from, in one single school everybody usually does where the same uniform.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

I did say that because it was a school project I ignored the school uniforms and 4/10 could of been 6/10, there were just a ew things missing (including some music) and I did like the idea of "Cop", "Director".

But the main thing missing was a little cat getting run over at the end :) I don't know why I said that... But yeah improve on what you've done every time you make a film and you could evenntually get a really stunning film :)
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Jperson... I do officially hate you. Every "review" (if you could even call them that...) that you have given has been bad! If you havent forgotten this is an AMATEUR FILM MAKING FORUM!!!! I know you somewhat redeemed yourself by that last post, but I don't quite understand how one person could be so much like Simon Cowell. I mean, bad reviews are somthing that you can't avoid, but ALL THE TIME?!?!??!?! Anyway, to the reivew. I, too, have made a project for school that has taken one day for history... it sucked a whole lot more than anything anyone else could put out lol. I thought this film project was produced very well for the possile alloted time that you had. I wish we got to make movies like this in Middle/High School; I probably would have enjoyed both more lol. The flash effects were a little dark I thought but I did like the idea and the angles.
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I believe you could've drawn a lot more intensity with some music. I agree with you, some of the cuts were bad but the cut from the still frame with the "director" titles was the worse. As the video began playing the sound didn't come in until a split second later. Also, tell your actors to give it some feeling...they all had this monotonous bore to their voices. Other than this, good job...a bit graphic for a school movie?

Then again Escape Films just did a film for school that was pretty graphic (it's in the members section...called SOTA for reference)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Jperson... I do officially hate you. Every "review" (if you could even call them that...) that you have given has been bad!
I agree, like were AMATURES for a reason, TO SUCK BIG TIME!!! But to improve, and improving is what you should rate.