Totally Gay Shootout

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Totally Gay Shootout

Post by maj_barnes »

When you get bored, you force your friend to duke it out with you. So I did.

Alot of gay and shitty effects, but hey. Practice makes perfect. All sounds in this were added on the computer (yea, so it'll be super easy to spot those wierd soundin' footsteppin' sounds). This is probably the most wackyest color correction yet (for example: shotgun guy's shirt is really orange but it's black!) Anyways, enjoy.

Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Totally Gay Shootout

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

where do you get all the smoke and blood stock footage?
www.freewebs.com/martinman300
no-budget film making.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Hey thanks. I'll make sure not to do that and improve on that little thing next time. :roll:
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I like the colour correction. It's very 300-feeling.

Onto the crits: the blood and muzzle flashes look fake. I think the colour correction wasn't too friendly to them. But that's easily fixable, really.

All in all, it was tightly edited and as good as you can expect a 30 second shootout to be. Now make another one with that style of colour correction, I wanna see more! :D
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

300-feeling? Yea, they do look really bad. And the main reason for the color correction was for the blood! :D Since the guy's shirt was orange, I would have put bullet holes in him: but since I replaced the orange with black, I didn't have to. But I was surprised when I was just fooling around with that one scene and the levels it came out looking pretty damn cool. :) So I just threw it all over the video.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

lol your blood is made of smoke

the thing id actually like to take the opportunity to say was really impressive was the use of sound design. a real movie uses sound effects or foley for freakin anything you can see in a shot a cat will meow a boot will walk on gravel etc etc. cept for that shotgun shell everything sounded cool
Last edited by aaronv2 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

lol your blood is made of smoke
Yep, I'm going for the whole Michael Bay super stylized body hits. :)

Edit:
Thanks. I thought the shotgun shell sounded too high pitched. Sounded like a grenade bouncing around in Call of Duty. :)
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Ah great sequence! Not that gay at all! I love the loud crisp clear sound effects!
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Thanks again. Lots of the bullet hits were some of the most retardedest sounding things that could ever be imagined (some of the body hits were gun shots that I totally f*** up). :D
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

howabout putting all the sounds in a zip and hitting the rapidshare website for all the people wanting the sounds... eg me
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I was going to do that pretty soon... But I'm still compiling more and more. I still need to go back out to the range and record more. But sometime this month or next I release I nice meaty soundpack for ya. ;)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Haha! That was funny.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

that was really good, liked the start

some of the dust bullet hits looked fake, but others really impressed me, probably the same effect just different lighting
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

P.S Never aspire to be like Michael Bay... Use someone who actually deserves admiration like Spielberg. And NOT George Lucas lol
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

No, no. I never aspire to be a Michael Bay (a Michael Mann, yes). I like him for his visual style: which at times is super cool, but sometimes un-needed. :)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I liked the whole jump thing at the start, whos its all calm then BOOM! Nicely done.
The color was a little whack, and the blood looked like it was filmed in a water tank then superimposed really thick. The muzzle flashes were a little repeditive and they looked kinda fake. Some of the hits looked fake too.
I like the music and i like your sounds. I also like ur whole style of how you make fights. You just need to work on compositing a little more. Thats about it i think.
Hide or fight for your life?
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Nicely edited and directed for a gay sequence. Blood, not my taste, and yeah, the colour was a little bit wack, but i did like it, and the sounds were nice. I particularly enjoyed the opening with the depth of field
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Thanks guys! :D
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

See, this might be me being odd, but i liked the blood and smoke fx. Granted, they didn't look realistic, but with the colour correction i thought it looked very sylistic.