Greenscreen Keylight

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Moriarty

Greenscreen Keylight

Post by Moriarty »

Hey guys,

Sorry to sound like a roayl pain, but I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with a little problem I've found...

I'm going to be directing a music video in the next couple of weeks, and the artists want to use greenscreen so that they're playing against a backdrop of funky backgrounds and the like.

I've never tried green/blue screen before and have been looking around trying to get some research into it. I've also looked at the video co-pilot website and a favourite usage seems to be the Keylight function with After Effects Pro. Although I have After Effects 2.0 Pro I don't seem to have the Keylight effect...

I understand that it is meant to be installed seperately but for the life of me I cannot find this plugin on any of the CD's that came with After Effects(?)

Basically, my question is - does anyone know of where I can download this plugin? I've been scouring the web for ages and have only come across a demo version? I don't particularly want to get all the footage, waste everyone's time and then download a demo that I can't output in the final stage. If anyone has a link, or even better, if some able willing candidate has this plugin and can somehow send it to me, I'd give them a Kitkat bar and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps.

An a Huuuuuge thanks.

Honestly, any info would be great.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

Keylight ships with Adobe After Effects 7.0

In my searching, I have not found a stand alone install version of Keylight. You could get Primatte or head on over to http://www.fxhome.com and tryout Composite Lab Pro.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

does anyone know where i can get some decent plug ins for premiere? for free?
www.freewebs.com/martinman300
no-budget film making.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

the plugins that come with it already are good enough... since this sounds like a semi professional shoot all your preparation and planning should be done about the actual shooting of the footage and the setup of the chroma screen.

you will need to light it properly and seperately from your artists. You will need tracking markers on the screen in case the camera moves and the background will need to move as such.

so esssentially choose a color that isnt going to bounce light and turn the actors green. also make sure you get like a flourecant light for the top and bottom of the screen to light it more and be easier to seperate from the foreground.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]