Matrix Rain Drop

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Matrix Rain Drop

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Where can i find a tutorial on this effect? I have AE, i have been searching and nothing
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Matrix Rain Drop

Post by rhys »

Can u be a little more spacific?
Do u mean the green letters scrolling down the page or what? Cos thats really easy and used all the time.
Yeah, what do u mean?
Hide or fight for your life?
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Yes the green letters falling down

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

A Michael Moore quote as a sig? The average IQ of this forum just took a nose dive. And actually the Matrix rain effect is rather difficult to copy exactly.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I consider automated dialers weapons of mass destruction.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Just get the free version of particle illusion (SE), its one of the emitters.
Hide or fight for your life?
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

www.freewebs.com/martinman300
no-budget film making.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Yes, It is a Michael Moore quote xD; and ty jimbob

-Michael Moore
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

The matrix falling letters is mother f*** easy, damn you! Mother f***! No offense or abusive behaviour being carried out here *whistles innocently*. One basic way is you simply use photoshop to create various different pictures (frames) and fit them together and repeat or us Apple Leopard (Which isn't out yet, s good luck with that) free editing program to edit...er...editable sutff....
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Okay. That WP thing is simple to make. However I've looked into making an actual realistic representation of the effect and believe me it isn't simple. A few points:

There are no moving characters in the Matrix rain effect. Watch it. A brightly lit character will appear below the one before it, which dims, with the letters above it getting dimmer. The character that is "active" has an aura around it. Some of the characters remain lit longer to varying degrees. And then characters will randomly change while sitting stationary. Also, you can usually see the dim outline of the old letters, but when the "active" letter gets to the old ones, they're overwritten.

I'm pretty sure these are all accurate points that I noticed when I was working on a 3D scene that I tried doing with matrix code textures--which I discovered were much more complicated than most people seem to think.

To accurately recreate this, you really need some kind of script or program that does all this (e.g. a screensaver or a custom program). There's a couple [only] halfway decent screensavers out there, which you might be able to record with something like Fraps, and then use the video as you want.