Fundraising For a Film

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

KeithP

Fundraising For a Film

Post by KeithP »

Im currently in the process of filming a full length movie series. We have the editing equipment, sound equipment, lights, actors, and locations. The only problem we have no is budgeting clothing, and props.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to raise money to fund something like this. If anyones done anything in the past please comment and help out.
Ornsack

RE: Fundraising For a Film

Post by Ornsack »

Movie series?? From the outset?? With no money?? Crazy!

Get clothes from charity shops. Other than that, I wouldn't know. You could max out credit cards Kevin Smith style. You could make a short 'trailer' of what you intend to achieve and show it to wealthy people.

Other than that, I'd start by making something simple and attention grabbing and put your epic project on hold for a bit!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

well , I sell my artwork and work at a haunted house the haunts usually pay about 300 bucks a person and if you need help on the props and make up type stuff i could give advice for you to save u cash.pm if you need more help
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Car washes!
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

get a part time job
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

A buddy of mine sold Producer credits on ebay for his soon to be released feature, myself for fundraising on my project I am doing the same as well as releasing a graphic novel version of the film, not to mention a soundtrack CD.
LizaTrainer

Re: Fundraising For a Film

Post by LizaTrainer »

KeithP wrote:Im currently in the process of filming a full length movie series. We have the editing equipment, sound equipment, lights, actors, and locations. The only problem we have no is budgeting clothing, and props.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to raise money to fund something like this. If anyones done anything in the past please comment and help out.

I can help out with prop making on a realy low budget.
NPMAX

RE: Re: Fundraising For a Film

Post by NPMAX »

^^^ She knows her stuff in that dept as well as some others. Saw some pics of her rebuilt studio on another board, I got to say impressive given the hurricane damage Tracy and some others were telling about you going through Liza.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

make a lemonade stand, duh
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Were are you at..location??

The way we are funding the next big one, is from previous smaller projects, selling disks, selling tickets to the premiere, things like that. Other then that, find someone that likes to invest in movie making. You would actually be suprised to see how many people wouldn't mind dumping $5000 into a movie and not except anything back other then credits and a compeleted movie.

Hope that helps some, good luck its hard, but sell yourself when talking to people, sell the ideas, sell the dream. Just dont make promisses that you can't keep like, "this movie is going to make $10,000, and I will give you half for giving me money up front"..that is just bad.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: Fundraising For a Film

Post by rep22 »

ipon70 wrote:You would actually be suprised to see how many people wouldn't mind dumping $5000 into a movie and not except anything back other then credits and a compeleted movie.
You've got to be kidding me!
NPMAX

RE: Re: RE: Re: Fundraising For a Film

Post by NPMAX »

Not really the western I co-created is looking at a 6 figure budget because my friend who is directing it, worked as a PA unpaid for the investor on a few other prjects. It's more about who you know and getting your ideas in the right hands. It's not easy by any means but still not as hard as people think.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: Fundraising For a Film

Post by ipon70 »

rep22 wrote:
ipon70 wrote:You would actually be suprised to see how many people wouldn't mind dumping $5000 into a movie and not except anything back other then credits and a compeleted movie.
You've got to be kidding me!
Nope, they usually want more control then most of us would like them to have, but honestly, it really isn't that hard to find them. You just have to know where to look, and who to talk to. Suprisingly enough the guy I came across who is dumping 3 camera's 7 mics a dvd duplication and printing system, and $10,000 into our next feature, was from a kid that works with me as a programmer in the web department. He told his grandpa and here we are. The latest movie coming up we had a guy out of film school that wanted to get his feet wet, so he is putting in about $1000 to make this little short with us. So no, it can happen, but trust me, it was 2 years of nothing till all of a sudden here is a bunch of things all at once.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
NPMAX

RE: Re: RE: Re: Fundraising For a Film

Post by NPMAX »

^^^^ Thats the main oart right there Ipon, lots of nothing and misses and almosts then you get alot in one fail swoop, almost too much. (At least as my experience goes)
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Wow, that's impressive. If someone invested money into one of my productions, I'd feel really pressured. But, I guess you'd have more/better resources, therefore enhancing the overall product. hehe.

Good luck with your next production ipon!
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

^^ Dont forget more headaches especially dealing with other peoples money the more crew the more problems too.
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

go here therea page on fund raising

www.makingthefilm.net
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET