Film Club

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Film Club

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Well, My school is starting film club this week. And i am wondering 2 things.

1) How many people should i aspect to be their? This is high School. How many are in your film club?

2) What do you guys do?
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

My experiences with film class back in high-school

There will be ~ 40 people;
  • >35 of them will be complete morons, they can't tell the difference between an aperture and their assh*le - pun intended.

>2 will be "visionary directors". They will also be idiots, with the addition of being arrogant

>1 person will have a great idea, nobody will listen to the because they are too timid. Find him; he has a good script.

>The remaining two will be you and your friend, get him, the timid guy's script and that nice GL2 the class has and make your own movie.
Anyway, that was my experience at least.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

My experience in high school:

Well not really a film club but a class. We had 3 gals, 3 preppy guys who were in football, and 4 guys, 3 of whom were into rock music and smoked weed and stuff. The other guy was me. The 3 preppy guys edited school football footage and made into a highlight reel and was trying to sell them. I think they sold like 3 copies. The 3 gals and the 3 other talked about parties, what they did last night, talked about different rock bands with the teacher. 94% of the time the class is a place just to hangout and you don't learn anything. I on the other hand tried to learn with the available material that I had: Videomaker magazine. At that time we were editing with Avid Cinema on Mac computers. I think I have come a long way considering I don't have much on my website to show for it lol

Thats my experience.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Haha.... At my school, the film club was so small and arrogant (but had good equipment) so we set up our own unofficial group. In a year we grew to about 70 people and took over all the video projects in school from the official group. Although the school doesn't recognize us as an official group, we get all the projects (: They're sleeping with the fishes now haha.

Don't mean to boast here - Just my 2 cents experience.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

My school had a studio, editing bay, and 3 broadcast quality cameras. Too bad the students that used them sucked...
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Mine is a class, and there are 3 of us that no what we are doing the rest jsut kinda sleep. But some of them are very good actors so watch out for them.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Man the parts you guys talking about the stoners and the dumb chicks sounded like most of the film courses i took in college. We'd show up high or drunk edit our stuff, show assignments to the Professor etc. ( Actually it's similar to every indy project i have collabed on.)
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Lol

Ok ty for your responses

:)
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
iCEbLuEORbitZ

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

i couldn't get a film club going in my school. and right now, we have a huge a** studio with cyclorama curtains, a desk, lights, and a whole control booth, 3 jvc broadcast cameras w/ monitors on each and handle controls on rolling industrial tripods. the class is a joke and i won't take it. all they do is film a few school events and make crapppppppy edits of them and show them at lunch. the guy that runs the whole scene is a complete idiot. and everyone that takes the class does it becauese its an easy credit. its a broadcast class, not even film. they won't let you make films. its a pointless, wasted 100,000 dollars of our money basically.
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

iCEbLuEORbitZ wrote:i couldn't get a film club going in my school. and right now, we have a huge a** studio with cyclorama curtains, a desk, lights, and a whole control booth, 3 jvc broadcast cameras w/ monitors on each and handle controls on rolling industrial tripods. the class is a joke and i won't take it. all they do is film a few school events and make crapppppppy edits of them and show them at lunch. the guy that runs the whole scene is a complete idiot. and everyone that takes the class does it becauese its an easy credit. its a broadcast class, not even film. they won't let you make films. its a pointless, wasted 100,000 dollars of our money basically.

haH WHEN i first read that i suddenly felt sick

i was like does this guy live near me? is he in my class?

hah but i don't belive your in MassACHUSETTS

BUT yuou did just describe my school broadcasting room