Suicide(gore)! What do you think!?(video)

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

ThirddOracle

Suicide(gore)! What do you think!?(video)

Post by ThirddOracle »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-AwmVd5IY

What do you think?

I have been using After Effects 7.0 to do this. The blod comes from VideoCoPilot. Firts i erased the head, and that took some time. Then i put in the blod, from several different blodsplats. I changed the color of the blod pretty much because the blod don't look that real from beginning. I gnaged levels and hue/saturatuion. Sounds and muzzleflashes are there to.

So what do you think?

And please forgive my english, i'm only 16 years old and i'm also swedish!

And i found this effect pretty hard to pull off even if the effect is presented in a tutorial at VideoCoPilot!
Last edited by ThirddOracle on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Suicide(gore)! What do you think!?(video)

Post by rhys »

THAT WAS GREAT!
It looks really good, because u spent time on it, but its still fairly easy to do.
is there a link the the 'VideoCoPilot'? Because i know a few people on this website, including myself who would want to get some blood footage.
It was funny too.
Hide or fight for your life?
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

i agree that was awesome, nice smooth effect. and rhys why do you always be like that? "but its still fairly easy to do" saying it as if you're superior to him and you could easily be able to do it....if you did that same effect and made it look that good, i would....be speechless.
oh and by the way, blood is spelt.... uh, blood
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
ThirddOracle

Post by ThirddOracle »

Ohh, sry i know blood i spelt blood, and not blod. But thank you all( maybe i should say "both") for your quick replies!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-AwmVd5IY]Basement Suicide[/url] - A scene where i blow my head off! :)
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

It's cool but its not like you had to work hard to make it, you have copied exactly the videocopilot video tutorial for suicide... and you've forgotten to credit or aknowledge them, so don't go passing this off as if you invented this technique -sheesh lol.

If you go the the 'suicide' video tutorial (yikes) then you'll all be able to make this clip quite easily
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

you have copied exactly the videocopilot video tutorial for suicide... and you've forgotten to credit or aknowledge them
how did he forget to acknowledge them?
The blod comes from VideoCoPilot.
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

he means on the video
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Nope not necessarily on the video, yeah he credits where the blood effect comes from, but really should say that he also copied the 'suicide' tutorial almost exactly...

It's like me copying a technique and presenting it as my own (even if i aknowledge the source of some graphics) it doesnt aknowledge that i had just copied a tutorial precisely.

I mean it looks cool ;) but you its important not to present any work that is just replicating someone elses as your own.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I can't watch it because I need to register... it has been deemed inappropriate for viewers under 18.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

and rhys why do you always be like that? "but its still fairly easy to do" saying it as if you're superior to him and you could easily be able to do it....if you did that same effect and made it look that good, i would....be speechless.
Yeah, uh, cos it is fairly simple to figure out. Seriously man, u dont like ever even go on this site so dont have a go at me, just cos u made a crappy little 'clone fight' and think that ur so superiour that u can start telling people off for thinking there superiour, when they dont think there superiour, but said that line because: not for the fact that there superiour, but for the fact that they know how its done.
Think of special effects like magic tricks. 'Thats fairly easy to do' means i know how to do it. But fluidity and cr** like that makes it look better. And i never said i could do it better.
Oh yeah, grow up (in both the physical and emotional sence), ur supposed to be older than me.
This is as mean as my posts are going to get everyone, so chill out and sit down.
Last edited by rhys on Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hide or fight for your life?
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Epsilon wrote:I can't watch it because I need to register... it has been deemed inappropriate for viewers under 18.
Same. Resgistered. Then I had to click the "Confirm' button to agree I'm over 18 or whatever and then it just loaded the same page.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
JARHEAD

Post by JARHEAD »

I liked it, it looks really good! :D
Growlingdog Productions
http://growlingdog.net/
jared@growlingdog.net
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

now it says the confirm your 18, and so i did, and as jperson said it just loads the same damn page.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

I registered, and ran into the same problem you guys are running into. But, I then re-read the e-mail they had sent me, and I noticed this: "You will need to confirm your email address before uploading or commenting on a video. Go to the Upload tab, enter your email address, and you will receive a new email with the link where you can confirm."

I did this, re-entered my e-mail address, they sent me a confirmation e-mail. I clicked on "Click here to confirm", and viola! I went back to the same screen you guys mentioned, clicked on ''confirm'' once again, and it worked. Give it a try.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

rhys wrote:
and rhys why do you always be like that? "but its still fairly easy to do" saying it as if you're superior to him and you could easily be able to do it....if you did that same effect and made it look that good, i would....be speechless.
Yeah, uh, cos it is fairly simple to figure out. Seriously man, u dont like ever even go on this site so dont have a go at me, just cos u made a crappy little 'clone fight' and think that ur so superiour that u can start telling people off for thinking there superiour, when they dont think there superiour, but said that line because: not for the fact that there superiour, but for the fact that they know how its done.
Think of special effects like magic tricks. 'Thats fairly easy to do' means i know how to do it. But fluidity and cr** like that makes it look better. And i never said i could do it better.
Oh yeah, grow up (in both the physical and emotional sence), ur supposed to be older than me.
This is as mean as my posts are going to get everyone, so chill out and sit down.
this is exactly what ive been talking about, as soon as someone says something even mildly bad you immediatly just retaliate by saying something that they did bad so you dont look like a complete fu*k. and by the way i was looking back at YOUR old movies and guess what? they sucked balls pretty fu*king hard too.

http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8409

thats a thread you made about the second thing you made and you say
"only second movie on the net, so be nice, PLZ"

uh huh..... well killing off the clones was only my first movie and you've been nice about it ever since.
but seriously, why even keep constantly commenting about that fu*king movie if i made it like 8 fu*king months ago, plus it was my first try?
so PLEASE, JUST SHUT THE FU*K UP ABOUT KILLING OFF THE CLONES.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

For me, the biggest problem is the reverb on the gunshot. It sounds like it is in an open area outside. But it's only a nitpick since you probably didn't record it, yourself.

It was funny though...