FXHOME PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

GoodStuffFilms

FXHOME PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by GoodStuffFilms »

Are they any good? Was nightcast really made with them? They look limiting and stupid.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

I don't know about nightcast, but all I've heard is that they are easy to use, but don't look very realistic.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I've heard you don't need anything from FXHome if you have a good editor like Premiere/Vegas/or Final Cut. It has basic stuff from these programs and makes it look like it hi-tech.
GoodStuffFilms

Post by GoodStuffFilms »

I was wonderin about nightcast.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

jesus well if any of u would download the demo's of the fxhome software then sheesh you wouldnt have to blather a whole load of cr** about what you 'hearsay'

My tuppence is that its pretty good software, but that even though there accessible to use, still require a level of skill and patience to make the effects look as good as for example NightCast
sollthar

Post by sollthar »

Judging from the posts, I'd assume most of you haven't even tried the fxhome software (or very early versions like AlamDV). :)

I would suggest actually downloading some of the demos and try and you'll find out they're easily as powerful as some of the big compositing apps and can do way more then any NLE. But as with every other software, you need to be somewhat good with it. This is where fxhome's easy-to-use interface comes in.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I like FXHome stuff. It is well priced compared to other products. As others have said give the demos a try.
GoodStuffFilms

Post by GoodStuffFilms »

i tried the trials and it reminds me of a camera with manual control hidden in a touch screen menu system. They are frusturating to me. But was nightcast really made with them?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Yeah, I've never tried them but heard stuff about them, I'll prob download a demo soon.
sollthar

Post by sollthar »

Well, interfaces are a subjective thing of course. Some really like a certain type of interface, others don't (Shake has a terrible interface to me, but a lot of people like it)

Regardless of the interface though, there's powerful features beneath them that can compete with a lot of product priced at about 5 or 10 times the money.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

GoodStuffFilms wrote:i tried the trials and it reminds me of a camera with manual control hidden in a touch screen menu system. They are frusturating to me. But was nightcast really made with them?
Yeah.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I think FXHome products are kinda limiting, unless u want to do something really quickly, and ur not trying to do new things, but its kinda hard to get used to, after playing around with difforent kinds of software.
Hide or fight for your life?