Film Lighting

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

KeithP

Film Lighting

Post by KeithP »

I live in Canada and want to purchase I decent cheap light. Something along the lines of Paglight or something better. Im not entirely sure what I want but I was hoping if you guys could give me some suggestions on where to go. Thanks alot. If not then im going to buy highpowered flashlights for 50 bucks that run for hours and build my own kind of cover. They did on a shoot I was on a while back. But yah any suggestions would be appreciated even if I have to make something.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Film Lighting

Post by DEDFX »

Anyting whith lighting is expensive, try eBay and search for Lowell lighting. If you wanna go the ghetto route get high powered construction lighting at Lowes or Home Depot.
GoodStuffFilms

Post by GoodStuffFilms »

yea shop lights at home depot are wat we use. and oh r we so ghetto! peace out to my filmmaker homie in da matt hawkins crib!
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Sorry, If I needed lighting I would do the same. I meant "independent", yeah, how "independent" of you.
KeithP

Post by KeithP »

DEDFX your reply did not make sense to me. Can you rephrase in English plz. Yah thats what ill prolly end up doing. Thanks.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I wrote it in English, do you know how to read?
KeithP

Post by KeithP »

Sorry, If I needed lighting I would do the same. I meant "independent", yeah, how "independent" of you.
I meant the last part. You said you mean independant, how independant of you. What the hell does that mean? Is that directed to me or those other guys. Also can you please post about the topic instead of spamming it by stating that you would do the same. I asked for help not your random ramblings. Please and thank you. My solution for this is to get some nice industrial lights. 40 or so bucks for the small ones. Then I plan to build a softbox for it to diffuse the light and make it soft. But thanks for the suggestions.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

im pretty sure DEDFX was just replying to GoodStuffFilms....no need to freak out.
KeithP

Post by KeithP »

I wasn't freaking I was just saying. I figured he was but I wasn't sure. Just didn't make alot of sense to say that. Thats all no big deal.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

If you're looking to pay ~$50 per light, I'd go with the home improvement stores too. Just remove the safety grills on halogen lights. There are a few setbacks though, irregular light shape, unevenness in intensity/color, no barndoors. But you can usually make it work out OK in the end. They get just as hot as industrial lights too! So be careful not to handle them until 5 minutes after the light has been turned off. :D
KeithP

Post by KeithP »

Haha cause im going to touch them right after. :S LOL. Anyways the ones im getting are led industrial type lights. 50 bucks a pop. Gonna make my own softbox. I should be good. They worked good on the one movie shoot I did. Just thought their might of been a cheaper easier way.