Body Armor

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

KeithP

Body Armor

Post by KeithP »

I am looking for something that would look similar to a body armor vest or somewhere where I can get some relatively cheap ones. I was thinking of taking the new style life jackets and spraying them black and then putting the logos in. If anyone can help me figure out something different please do. The link below is the image of what I want to imitate.

http://www.uscav.com/prodinfo/images/18413.jpg
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Body Armor

Post by rhys »

Dont spray paint, it wont work.
Im not sure how u could do that.
The life jacket idea isnt bad, but i dont think spray paint wil work well, because it is most likely going to be chunky and gross. It could also rub off on the actors. Maybe dye would work, im not too sure.
Welcome to the site anyway.
Hide or fight for your life?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Most airsoft sites sell fake body armour vests in the $20-$80 range. That will be the best looking alternative, and probably cheaper than lifejackets in the end.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
KeithP

Post by KeithP »

Yah I may check them out. Im going to check a few stores around my town see if they got anything. Fake armour would be cool. It would look really well. If I did in fact sprayed it I would try and make it as least chunky as I could. But you do make a good point. Im gonna go see what I can find. Open to all suggestions. Thanks.