Vegas 5 Still Capturing

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Vegas 5 Still Capturing

Post by Kentertainment »

For an upcoming film festival I'd like to send my next short film to, it is required that you submit it in DVD with a cover and all. Of course while making a DVD cover you've got to have screenshots of the film somewhere, so this is where my question comes in.

In Vegas 5 there is a little button that has a floppy disk symbol which is near the video preview. When you click it, it will save the frame you're on as a still .jpg image. When I capture and image and bring it into photoshop, it is rather small, meaning if I expand it there is going to be a whole mess of pixilation city!

So what I want to know is...

Is there a way that I can capture a still image screenshot from Vegas 5 and make it a bigger, more detailed picture?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Vegas 5 Still Capturing

Post by rhys »

I have no idea, but half of the time on DVD covers there like the size of our avatars or smaller. But i dont use Vegas so i wouldnt know. Sorry.
Hide or fight for your life?
KeithP

Post by KeithP »

Open up your footage in a different program. Or in Vegas im not entirely sure where it is but you can change the size of the frame you want. Its really simple. There is also like a program called Arcsoft Showbiz that takes stills nicely. Its some shitty a** Windows Movie Maker type thing. Personally I think Vegas = teh sux. Try Adobe software. Does everything so nicely. Premiere Pro 2, AE 7, CS2, Audition and your good to go.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
U just named pretty much all the software i actually use. Do u use that stuff to?
Hide or fight for your life?
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

try a full screen capture
JARHEAD

Post by JARHEAD »

When it takes the screenshot I think it is taken at the resolution that the video was recorded in. I tried it (I am running Sony Vegas 6.0) and it also comes out small.

I think the best one to try is what mickcar73 said, try doing a screenshot on the section you wanted a still of, it should then be at a larger resolution.
Growlingdog Productions
http://growlingdog.net/
jared@growlingdog.net