Latex Skin

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

mr_mystery

Latex Skin

Post by mr_mystery »

Hello to everyone, my name is Francis McAllister.

I am a magician, and I rely on many special effects to help me achieve the grusome effects I love to do.

I cannot find anywhere to buy latex skin, and nor do i want to buy it online.

do any of you guys know how to make latex skin from home???

this would be such a serious help. Here is an effect i have in mind while using this effect.

Magician finds a coin from a spectator, and swallows it..

in pain he shows his mouth is empty, he swallowed the coin!!!

he holds his stomach in pain. as he opens his shirt he takes a pocket knife, ( or exacto knife) and cuts his stomach, blood poores out as he keeps on cutting, as he keeps cutting a coin falls out, the specators coin.

also how could i get it to bleed when I put the latex on, would i need a blood packet, if so how could i do that?
bloodymess

RE: Latex Skin

Post by bloodymess »

pretty easy effect to do, if you ask me. buy liquid latex(mask latex is the best, but plain ol' mold latex that you can find in any art store will do the trick) and spread it on a smooth surface. you want it to be as long as your abdomen and twice as wide. when the latex is dry, powder it leaving a 1inch border unpowdered all around the skin. then, place a blood paquet(a blood filled ziploc bag will do the trick) and place it over one half of the skin, making sure to stick it in place using contact cement. then, peel the other half and fold the skin in two; the unpowdered borders will stick to each other, so you'll get a sealed latex pouche the width of your abdomen with an incastred blood pouch. now, all you have to do is stick it on your stomach. since it'll be quite heavy, spirit gum might not do the trick; your best bet is to tape both ends on with gaffer tape, but be sure not to expose those ends! befor attaching it, of course, you'll need a protective plate so you won't maul yourself when you cut the pouch open; here, a sheet of metal will do the trick. 16ga aluminum is the best for that purpose, in my opinion. now, once rigged up with the plate&latex pouch, all you'll have to do is take a well sharpened knife and tear the pouch open; if the paint job is well done, the latex will look like your own skin getting ripped up.
"More blood, More blood! Here, give me the bottle!"
-William Wyler on the set of Ben-Hur

http://darkartifacts.blogspot.com