Star Wars: Beginning of the End Trailer Online

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

darthbane

Star Wars: Beginning of the End Trailer Online

Post by darthbane »

Hi! I'm Cenk Düzgit from Turkey,the director of Beginning of the End fan film

Our first Star Wars fan film project's trailer is now online
:)
We are going to release the full movie in Fall 2006
You can download trailer from our website
www.sonunbaslangici.com

or from direct url link:
http://www.guneshosting.com/sb/SB-high.mov
http://www.guneshosting.com/sb/SB-low.mov
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqK1PCZ1vA[/img]
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Star Wars: Beginning of the End Trailer Online

Post by DEDFX »

It looks great, I guess since your from Turkey you can get great locations in your fan film. Everything looked good except when the lightsaber jumped back into his hand you could tell it was reversed. You could see it roll then go in the air, next time throw the lightsaber in soft sand so theres no rolling then reverse it, can't wait to see it, hope theres sub-titles!
SpyroClone

Post by SpyroClone »

looks really cool...What's your budget like?
"If you don't know what you're doing you can still make it look good."
~Peter Jackson
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Yeah that was great, a flawless fan film. You had the action, the costumes, the great locations, and the color timing. I think if you're going to make a fan film you've always got to have that "Star Wars" color, a kind of contrasted brown color. That guy kind of reminded me of Voldemort in the recent Harry Potter movie.

Please add subtitles for us English speaking folk....you've got to!
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

AGGGHHH STAR WARS!!! AGAIN!!!! :suicide:
Seriously though, i hate star wars. But u have a nice set out there, good work. Its just not my kinda thing.
Hide or fight for your life?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Star Wars: Beginning of the End Trailer Online

Post by Kentertainment »

rhys wrote:i hate star wars.
And that's why you're not American because next to baseball, pie, and hot dogs...Star Wars is the key element.
freed

RE: Re: RE: Star Wars: Beginning of the End Trailer Online

Post by freed »

Baseball is rounders.

Rounders is a boring cheap sport played by woman in England.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
bloodymess

Post by bloodymess »

in america it's called softball, and it's different and more boring then baseball.
"More blood, More blood! Here, give me the bottle!"
-William Wyler on the set of Ben-Hur

http://darkartifacts.blogspot.com
Djokicko

Re: RE: Star Wars: Beginning of the End Trailer Online

Post by Djokicko »

Wow some of those effects are pretty sweet.Good Job cant wait for the hole thing :D
rhys wrote:i hate star wars. .
This comes from a guy whose favorite movies are Resident Evil and Blade Trinity :lol:
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
freed

Post by freed »

Pwned.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

If you like any modern movie you like Star Wars. And in turn Kurosowa. So rhys, go rent a Kurosowa film and see a GOOD movie. :P
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Are you serious??
Blade Trinity and Resident Evil (and the sequel) are <i>barely</i> movies.
I can't think of a single redeeming feature of either...
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

d youtube one doesnt work
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

you know, as much as i hate star wars, the action in that looks really smooth and flowing. maybe even better than the real thing.
and here we go again with irony, arronv2 seemed big and powerful, and always went on about how much light-sabers and star wars really sucked, you went along with him and always went against everyone with it. and now someone makes a starwars thing and it looks really good and you all suddenly decide that its fuc*king awesome (not saying that it isnt)

P.S AAAAARRGGGG! , HOW DO YOU TURN OFF THIS FUC*ING OVER-WRITE THING WHILE TYPING, IT PIS*ES ME OFF!
(have you ever wondered why this forum blocks swearing when matt hawkins films are full of it?)
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah i agree with Zac, every ones like 'omg, the overused lightsaber effect again' then some one makes a star wars fan film and every one loves it. I can see why, but seriously, its about wars in stars.
Uh yeah, a person trying to kill vampires to save humanity is more believable than a couple of people firing lasers at each other at massive slug aliens. Even spiderman is more believable. And they have the most soffisticated technology and its set in the past? what the hell?
But anyway, im intitled to my own opinions about movies, even if the 'star wars fan club' disagrees with me.
What is the storyline in those movies anyway? Its all just a massive special effects film, but people seem to enjoy it.
I do like one thing in star wars though, dark mall or what ever, he looked cool. Lol, the ewoks were funny.
I just watched the trailer. Your effects seem alright, fairly middle grade. But ur stunts were really good. The end was cool, with the whole dark talking guy, it would be awesome to have a dark magic version of star wars, trying to get some kind of unholy salvation. The electricty from his hands looked a little fake though.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

again... you both live in Australia and you both hate Star Wars... see a trend? Lol. I've alway enjoyed Star Wars, no matter how many times i've seen it. And... no offence, I didnt like Res. Evil either... and there is a huge storyline! Of course, a lot has to do with Special effects, but if you've seen all of them, then you know the storyline. And when you watch Sci Fi movies, it's not about what is more believable, but what is enjoyable and (somtimes) funnier. There have been hundreds of vimpire-hunting movies out since the 30s, and Spiderman is just as believable as Star Wars. And for the tech issue, IT WAS WRITTEN THAT WAY ON PURPOSE!!!! . It's ment to confuse people, not make sense.... It is a staple movie in American (and evidentally in Turkey too). I've seen many Star Wars Fan Films and i've liked most all of them (there have been a few that have sucked hard). I can't convince you to all of the sudden like Star Wars just because i've posted this, but i feel like venting my opinion. Thats all

Chris Kidd
Machine Head Films
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

Are you guys mad?? Resident Evil was good. Resident Evil apocalypse sucked!
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Yeah, I liked it, it wasn't that bad.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Blade Trinity was one of the worst things i've ever watched, it had no substance and it's storyline was waffer thin. There were no believable characters, even blade (who rocked in the first film and did alright in the second) seemed to be transparent. Then, to put the cherry on top of the cake of disapointment there is a montage of vampire killing whilst "listening" to an ipod ("she downloading the latest tunes for her ipod, likes to listen when she hunts")... If you're going to do product placement at least do it well e.g. Astin Martin in James Bond.

(BTW, the reason why the You Tube link isn't working is because there is a [/img] tag on the end of it, remove it and it works fine)

On to the trailer (just loaded), i'll admit that i'm not the biggest start wars fan (i'm not saying i don't like it so don't kill me or anything), but that was really really good. I've seen loads of people try and do what you've just done, but sucking one million times more. Special effects were great and more than good enough for the effect which you are trying to create. It'd be great to see a subtitled full version, to see if you can write any better than Lucas (has anyone heard what the studio said to him when he submitted his first star wars script? It's well funny).
jimmypage1

Post by jimmypage1 »

This trailer looks promising. But I can only imagine their dedication and budget being much bigger than most of the kids on this forum. Very good music! Everthing about this trailer looks "pro" and not amateur. Fantastic
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah i dont really have much against movies that arent too realistic, just when they bass it on science. Say u have a tv show, like charmed for instance. It is more entertaining because not many people have a strong knowledge in the occult. And say, it was the same thing, but they used science. It would become alot less entertaining, because what they say makes it worse.
Example: Occult; they use a transperancy spell on a demon alot of mumbo jump cr**.
Science; the move the particles around with some silver and it makes the demon turn invisible.
The science one clearly sounds less believable.. although they both are completely impossible.
Thats why i dont like sci-fi, i just think, things more impossible make it more believable, if that makes sence.
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

Don’t tell me you like charmed???That TV show sucked the only good thing in that show was one of those chiches she was hot everything else sucked.
I don’t understand you? You don’t like when for example they do a spell and tell you a good a reason for the spell how does it work so you can find it more beliveble, but you prefer when they just say some cr** with-out any sense??
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

No i dont watch charmed, ever since it lost all its magic. And my answer to ur second question is plainly, yes.
Only if the sci-fi is completely stupid. Like in spiderman 2, how he gets controlled by the AI, like, AI cant control u, even if u did get electricuted, and why would u need AI if your supposed to be controlling the claws?
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

Star Wars is not Sci-Fi. It is fantasy.

I also refuse to acknowledge the prequel trilogy exists besides being an advertisement for ILM. However the OT, more specifically ESB, is my favorite film ever made.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

ALove wrote:Star Wars is not Sci-Fi
What the hymenny-christ?

It is a fantasy. But it also has 'sci-fi' tattoo'd all over the f**ker!!!!1111oneoneone
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]