Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Post by Zac »

in my movie im gonna make on my birthday, ive gotta have 2 people with a pentagram sorta burnt/scratched into their skin, ive tried red model paint and fake blood on that, and also put a bit of ashes onto it but it looks to neat and clean cos the ashes only stick to the blood.
any ideas?
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Post by rhys »

Yep, ill explain in the next paragraph. Pentagrams are not evil, remember that. Pentagrams are the symbol of the spirit, earth, water, fire, wind being combined into someone, in other words, its wiccan witchcraft. If u have an upside down pentagram the dots create the face of baphomets goat face (the devil) that is clearly the evil pentagram, people often make that mistake, thought u might wanna make sure u don't. Yes, i know alot about witchcraft and stuff like that, but if u read what i read, im not evil.
To have the inverted (up side down, i.e. the devils) pentagram on the arm, u will probably have to like either cut open ur arm, but im not too sure how to do it. Perhaps u could merely get some black eyeliner penic thing and draw it on there arm then cover the pentagram in blood. Or you could get really thick fake blood and just apply it onto the skin.
Any way, whats this movie about? Its gonna be short isnt it? And for gods sake, write a script and make a storyline and try to be as un-amature as possible.
Hide or fight for your life?
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

:roll:

Try charcoal. It should have that burnt quality, and still easily washes off.
bloodymess

Post by bloodymess »

ever heard of rigid collodion? when applied to the skin, it pulls the skin when drying(because it shrinks) in a way that areas with collodion are recessed. if you apply enough coats in a pentagram pattern, you'll have the pentagram recessed into your skin, so if colored pink with touches of red, brown and black, it'll give the look of branding(the underground practice of applying hot iron on your skin to burn patterns in it). if you don't have collodion at hand, you can use a silicon or gelatin prosthetic to achieve quite the same look, maybe in a even more dramatic way.
"More blood, More blood! Here, give me the bottle!"
-William Wyler on the set of Ben-Hur

http://darkartifacts.blogspot.com
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

head to
www.fxsupply.com
for collidon but make sure it says rigid or non flexible collidon
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Post by Zacatac927 »

rhys wrote: Any way, whats this movie about? Its gonna be short isnt it? And for gods sake, write a script and make a storyline and try to be as un-amature as possible.
umm.... did anyone else notice this?
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Post by Mr.Anderson »

eh. Lets not rip on Rhys too much for awhile. Enough is enough.

But, as for the pentagram. That rigid collidon sounds intriguing, id like to get my hands on some and see what effects i could design with it. Another possibility is to get some actual fake skin or very thick liquid latex. And after its dried acutally carve in the design. You would have to make sure it doesn't look to raised however.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Post by smokeythebear »

http://makemonsters.blogspot.com/2006/0 ... scars.html

heres a guide about putting it on and some good photos
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Yeah, I'll give RHYS another chance with his next MOVIE.

Maybe liquid latex with a small amount of red for the scar look or unflavored gelatine.
bloodymess

Re: RE: Re: RE: Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Post by bloodymess »

Mr.Anderson wrote:eh. Lets not rip on Rhys too much for awhile. Enough is enough.

But, as for the pentagram. That rigid collidon sounds intriguing, id like to get my hands on some and see what effects i could design with it. Another possibility is to get some actual fake skin or very thick liquid latex. And after its dried acutally carve in the design. You would have to make sure it doesn't look to raised however.
that would be quite a hassle for not so great results... but your idea gave me one; applying melted gelatin to the skin so that the seams are invisible and there's about half an inch thick of gelatin in the middle, and then using a heated form, melting the pentagram into the gelatin.

Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Burnt Pentagram In Skin?

Post by Zac »

rhys wrote:Yep, ill explain in the next paragraph. Pentagrams are not evil, remember that. Pentagrams are the symbol of the spirit, earth, water, fire, wind being combined into someone, in other words, its wiccan witchcraft. If u have an upside down pentagram the dots create the face of baphomets goat face (the devil) that is clearly the evil pentagram, people often make that mistake, thought u might wanna make sure u don't. Yes, i know alot about witchcraft and stuff like that, but if u read what i read, im not evil.
To have the inverted (up side down, i.e. the devils) pentagram on the arm, u will probably have to like either cut open ur arm, but im not too sure how to do it. Perhaps u could merely get some black eyeliner penic thing and draw it on there arm then cover the pentagram in blood. Or you could get really thick fake blood and just apply it onto the skin.
Any way, whats this movie about? Its gonna be short isnt it? And for gods sake, write a script and make a storyline and try to be as un-amature as possible.
um yeh i did know that an up-side down pentagram represents satan, that was sorta the point, and when i read the last bit i just laughed, i HAVE written a script ive been working on it for ages, and amature film making is the whole freakin point of this web-site, unless you meant imature, then thats just a stupid and ironic thing to say.

anyway, i just want it to be in-expensive and hassle free, i might try charcoal and a few other things
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Rhys I've noticed you telling everyone to not be so amateur and write a script.

I have no idea how you can tell this to people. People have been telling you this for around a year and now you tell other people this? Why don't you judge him with his movies, he just asked for a quick special fx tid-bit.

Use my idea or bloodymess
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Rhys I've noticed you telling everyone to not be so amateur and write a script.
Shut up dipstick, your only gonna start it all again.
I meant by amature, like u have no idea what is going on and all u can see is blackness and the whole movie is like 'really really cool, he worships the devil so he can get all of the spider superpowers and stuff' then i reply 'so u stole it from spiderman?' they reply 'no its a completely originial story, that was no devil in spiderman was there? and way my devil is gonna be green instead of red and hes gonna be really futuristic' i reply 'so i guess im gonna say write another thing and ur going to start yelling at me and telling me that ur movie is original? well... back to matthawkins.com we go'
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Whatever you say Rhys, it's 2:15 A.M. and I have better things to do than to start an online fight with some 13 year old Australian, just work on your movie and post it.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

actually its the afternoon here :)
and im not yelling at you rhys, but i havnt even told you what the storyline is yet and you are already accusing me of it not being original?
i dunno.
i tried charcoal but that basically made it look "dirty" and then i tried having blood dripping off the points and that looked pretty good, so im making some thicker blood right now, i might post some pics later.

P.S speaking of blood, today at school i was looking at the ground while i was walking and i slammed the top of my head on the corner of an open window :oops: , all my friends are like "woh your bleeding" and i went to the toilets and looked in a mirror and there was loads of blood running down my face, and it just kept pouring out so i went to first-aid and then went home, ah it was funny, and the wierd thing was that it didnt even hurt a bit. (except for wen i actually hit the window).
theres just some stupid random story of the day for you all.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Lol, ur silly. That sounds funny. P.S. thats cool, unless u think its not cool, in that case, owch!
I didnt accuse u of having no storyline, its just that ur last one was bad, and im making sure u dont make the same mistake again (sorry if that sounds mean).
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

oh, by the way ive got a pic for you all:
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ng2oi1.jpg
( not of the pentagram)
Last edited by Zac on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Okay... :) understand it now.
Um... put an actual pic on here.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

That picture made no sense.
dmosher

Post by dmosher »

To answer your question, both the colloidin and gelatine will work. if you use coloidin, remember to add a layer, then let it dry, then add another layer. The more you add, the deeper the effect and more 3d it gets. Too much and it will start to pull away form the skin. I would draw slightly with a red eyebrow pencil the design you want, then cover it with coloidin.

if you use gelatine, make the general shape of it, blend it to the skin and then heat up a smooth metal object (I use a butter knife dipped in boiling water) and carve your design into the gelatine gently.
D
You'll eat it and you'll like it.. or you'll starve!
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

Wow Zac that pic is pretty offensive.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
bloodymess

Post by bloodymess »

but true.

Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

lol, its not even my pic a friend showed it to me.
anyway i think ive pretty much decided im gonna have it just dripping blood from the points, that scarring stuff looks wicked but then ill have to order it and god knows how long itll take to get here and im shooting the movie in like 3 weeks. and i dont think theres any of that here, we dont really have any specific make-up costume shops or watever. and plus itll be a hassle when we actually do it.
i just realised i cant post any pics cos my sister is going to europe on a school trip and she's taking the digital camera and to my horror the mini dv camera, we still have another vid cam but we gotta fix it, but i found out it is 10x better than the mini dv, it can do way more cr** and is not tottaly black when its just the evening. plus its got a bigger lens.
besides you all prob dont care anyway cos you're all too interested in card-board at the moment
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

LOL!
But its an analog camcorder, it might not work with ur firewire or programs. If it works with all of that, i would say keep using that, because ur dv camera annoys me (when i try and use it).
I buy all of my props and scars and stuff from a baloon shop. Dont u like have party shops in Tasmania?
Blood dripping from the points could look cool, as long as u drew the pentagram well in charcoal.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Depending on how intense your actor(s) are you could drip wax from a candle into the shape of the pentagram, then wipe the wax off. The hot wax will irritate and raise the skin into a fairly convincing burn (convincing, because that's what it actually is). This won't have a lasting effect, and won't be noticable after a little more than an hour. Doen't hurt that much either. Always an option, and could make for some interesting commentary on the DVD.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.