Planet Explosion Stock

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Planet Explosion Stock

Post by Almondo99 »

For a quick scene I need a planet to explode. I made a 3D model of it so I could pan the camera and such, but I need some stock footage of a huge explosion. Does anyone know where I could find some that's fairly good quality? And I really can't make it myself.
bloodymess

RE: Planet Explosion Stock

Post by bloodymess »

"More blood, More blood! Here, give me the bottle!"
-William Wyler on the set of Ben-Hur

http://darkartifacts.blogspot.com
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

explosions dont happen in space... do something less hollywood
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah, there is no noise or flame in space, or explosions, its just something that happens.
Hide or fight for your life?
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Yeah I'm not really concerned with realism. It's being blown up by a bunch of ships. bloodymess, those are pretty good I'm donwnloading some now to see how they look.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah fair enough, u should probably have it imploding, it would be more interesting.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

but sort of impode in on itself,then a couple of seconds go by... then blast out everywhere
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I guess if the earth has gravity it could explode partially.
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

do it star wars style, have it start to explode with lots of little explosions, then have a huge one with a big shockwave
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

I should have specified more, it was going to be a slow, dramatic unrealistic explosion, but I decided to cut it out and have a subtitle read 'The Earth was destroyed' or something of the like. It may not be as exciting, but it's a minor part of the story since the humans got away in time, and colonized a new planet called "second earth". It's slightly based on the helghast soldiers in Killzone, if you've ever played it, but the costumes are entirely redesigned. Anyway, thanks for the help, but I think I can do without the shot.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

It's not the gravity that makes the explosion its the atmospheric pressure or something, and the oxygen which is ignited, or something, but there wouldnt be an explosion in space if there was gravity, because, the sun, kinda has a bit of gravity, which is why we all spin round it. Wow, i learned alot in that science lesson. :)
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Why couldn't all the material in the earth combust? Yeah, you're not going to have a roaring campfire sitting there, but think atomic bomb...

And a detonation films stock thing with a lot of debris might work. If you're decent with the 3d modelling software you could just hurl a bunch of 3D rocks at the camera and maybe a shockwave or something...
freed

Post by freed »

Quit with the science lecture bitches.

Way I see it, Any plnet can explode, especialy like the plant in Superman Returns.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Lol, silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. Watch futurama, they have some planet explosions that dont look all sci-fi and fake.
freed: theres nothing wrong with being smart, and it doesnt mean that ur a b**ch for it either.
freed

Post by freed »

Shush that big hole in your face boy.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Uh, rhys, explosions in space aren't possible because there's no air to feed the flames - space is a vacuum. I dunno what the hell you were talking about with the gravity and whatnot.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

It's not the gravity that makes the explosion its the atmospheric pressure or something, and the oxygen which is ignited
Um... it was DEDFX that said there needed to be gravity for there to be an explosion.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I meant air.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yep, sure. Nah, i know u didnt mean gravity, cos that would be strange just having gravity to make an explosion. Hehehehe!
FabianJansen

Post by FabianJansen »

There would be no problem with explosions in space, they can and do happen. They look a little different only in the fact that they don't last very long, to make it look good have it just a small and very quick explosive flash and then dirt and debris flying off.
"These are the voyages..."
santi
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by santi »

Inside planets like Earth there are nuclear reactions all the time and post of mass is hot, melted rock. I think there would be enough hot stuff for an explosion even in vacuum. The Sun burns and doesn't need air. Atomic energy.... I love it.

The other thing: it's a bloody film not a educational channel (I guess). Made the explosion the way YOU want it look like.
Santi

"Corpse of your enemy always smells nice"

---------------------
http://sfx.com.pl/
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Exactly. It's not science. To me, it's kind of the point and fun of seeing/making a movie. Who wants to watch or make a movie that is 100% realistic? anyway...
I decided to postpone the movie this was foor (called 'Fall of Man') Until I can think of a better name and have more ability and experience in special effects.
Also is anyone here a Mac user that has tried/owns Shake? I only own FCE and am looking for effects programs.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Planet Explosion Stock

Post by Magic-Man »

rhys wrote:Yeah, there is no noise or flame in space, or explosions, its just something that happens.

The sun??
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Almondo99 wrote:Exactly. It's not science. To me, it's kind of the point and fun of seeing/making a movie. Who wants to watch or make a movie that is 100% realistic? anyway...
I decided to postpone the movie this was foor (called 'Fall of Man') Until I can think of a better name and have more ability and experience in special effects.
Also is anyone here a Mac user that has tried/owns Shake? I only own FCE and am looking for effects programs.
I'm a Mac but never tried Shake..........................

Dlu Dluu Dluu
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

rhys wrote:
Yeah, there is no noise or flame in space, or explosions, its just something that happens.

The sun??
The sun doesnt exactly burn though, cos its not fire. Fire doesnt get upto 500,000 degrees celcius. Its molten rock or something.