How would I go about doing this effect?

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

non cg techniques...

Take some photos of the balls and in photoshop save each ball with transparancy and import to after effects... in after effects use animation controls to animate ball paths... use random spinning and motion blur to mask the idea that it is a static image.

OR

Lock down the tripod film alot of footage of sinking the different balls from where the balls would be if they were setup to start play (throwing them along the table is easier). then you will have to mask all the different layers in after effects. combine them for a perfect break.

OR

for some cg techniques...

Model a sphere with a texture map of the number on it... animate the paths using keyframes.... easy. and for everyone scared it wouldnt look real enough. use tcb curves and your brain to achieve good dynamics. its easy if you know what your doing.

OR

You can calculate a solution using rigid body dynamics. The software i use allows you to have total control over where objects end up and calculate the dynamics it needs to get there. so instead of trial and error from the start you work from the end.

OR just keep trying untill you get it yourself lol
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

If you can find a video of someone doing it, you could match the motion with your CGI balls.