Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by rhys »

Hey,
Im making this thread because i want to occasionally update u on my movie Vinsore: The Beginning.
The move is based lightly upon my life so the story line will be easier to make.
I have started writing the script.
I have created the title sequence (its different to the one i made before, the old one doesnt fit in with my story), but the footage is the fight with jordan, so the footage will be replaced, and it is merely there because i had to put something in there to see how the title sequence would look with more then just names. The actual title sequence will have me killing some guy with a sword. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igJc1VyPCBw
Oh yeah and one thing i need is 3 names of guys, they have to be normal human names like nathan or greg or anything like that. What do u think?
Hide or fight for your life?
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by wildstorm »

One thing your going to need to do is have someone operate the camera during the fight scene. The opening sequence has no real shock value when you watch it. I know it was a test to see what it would like with the titles but either add camera movement to shots in post or have somebody operate the camera. I like the music. Who sings it? take out "based on a true story" because right now it looks like your doing a trailer rather than a film title sequence. Add more dynamics to your shots i.e. close ups or medium shots etc. etc.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah ok, thanks. Im gonna leave in the true story thing at the moment because like 2 seconds after the footage dies, there is like a voice and it says "there were a series of events leading upto this moment, and this is the beginning" then a sword fades in and then it drops through a persons abdomin. Then the whole fade in and out thing stops and the movie actually starts.
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

Take out the "The First Film From Rhys Cooper" that is just stupid, and you fonts are kind of blure but that’s maybe because of the low rez on YouTube.Ill tell you just to plan everything raze a little money for some nice props and good luck with it :yes:
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by wildstorm »

rhys wrote:Yeah ok, thanks. Im gonna leave in the true story thing at the moment because like 2 seconds after the footage dies, there is like a voice and it says "there were a series of events leading upto this moment, and this is the beginning" then a sword fades in and then it drops through a persons abdomin. Then the whole fade in and out thing stops and the movie actually starts.
You still didn't answer my question, who sings that friggin song??? 8)
Visual Effects Artist
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by rhys »

Sorry the 'friggin song' is from k's choice.
Ok ill get rid of the first film title.
Ill tell you just to plan everything raze a little money for some nice props and good luck with it
I dont think i really need anything, just blood, a sword, a dagger and a couple of friends. So its probably gonna cost like $200ish so far. Im not having the movie just one big fight scene, that sucks.
The whole movie is basically about me getting p*ssed off at these guys (there is massive reason to be p*ssed of at them, for revenge too), trainging, hunting them down, and becoming a damn young assassin.
And making sure its not boring, but not like, omg, omg, omg, omg... I HATE THAT! i want it like oh.... my..... god...
Three gory dark fight scenes would beat a 1000 happyish fight scenes anyday.
How would i rase money anyway? It could help with weaponry.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Seriously Rhys whose gonna want to watch a movie consisting of pre-pubescents fighting to the death (in a presume the american or british suburbs) where ultimate assassins consist of junior high school nerds giving choppily edited limp fisted swings and kicks...

If you guys performed the whole movie in the nude then at least you could sell it to some 'discerning' businessmen on the black market... but otherwise why even bother? whyyyy make us suffer! WHY - OH GOD WHY.

I know a bunch of villains just like you guys in Aberdeen, they made a film about kids that had to run drug errands for 'adult' gangsters (as kid couriers) and that while choppily made was really cool. So rather than try to be Jack Bauer... (bahhahahaha) why not make something that people will actually 'want' to see?
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by wildstorm »

rhys wrote:Sorry the 'friggin song' is from k's choice.
Thank you but whats the title of the song?
rhys wrote:How would i rase money anyway? It could help with weaponry.
Dude how old are you?? Think man think!! Have a bake sale to raise some money. Setup a can with the word "donation" on it and a small paragraph beneath it describing what the money is going to be used for.
Visual Effects Artist
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by rhys »

whose gonna want to watch a movie consisting of pre-pubescents
Thats a lie... For gods sake shut up.. u dont have to watch it if u dont want to, but its not like its just some guy who kills people cos he gets bored and wants some cash. He does it because hes p*** off, doesnt care if he dies, wants revenge and the sweet taste of his enemies blood on his hands. IT HAS A F**KING STORYLINE!!! GO BACK TO YOUR MICHAEL JACKSON LAIR, U SICK F**K!
Setup a can with the word "donation" on it and a small paragraph beneath it describing what the money is going to be used for.
That would be great i can see it now...
'The money you are about to deposite will help a 13 year old buy weapons... for a movie? a movie about angry teeens who kill people, your money will be used well' HAHAHA!!!
Nah i dont care, ill just work for my money i dont need too much anyway. Half of the fighting will be hand to hand combat anyway. I think... The ebook i just bought is a little disturbing, but it has some nice pressure point things... which i think is strange and awesome.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

He does it because hes p** off, doesnt care if he dies, wants revenge and the sweet taste of his enemies blood on his hands. IT HAS A F**KING STORYLINE!!!
hmm....sounds like a very interesting storyline to me....
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

God...... i was merely pointing out quickly what happens, it will obviously be more interesting than just i want revenge, KILL!!! Ill explain it taler.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Vinsore: The Beginning updates.

Post by wildstorm »

rhys wrote:That would be great i can see it now...
'The money you are about to deposite will help a 13 year old buy weapons... for a movie? a movie about angry teeens who kill people, your money will be used well' HAHAHA!!!
Nah i dont care, ill just work for my money i dont need too much anyway. Half of the fighting will be hand to hand combat anyway. I think... The ebook i just bought is a little disturbing, but it has some nice pressure point things... which i think is strange and awesome.
If you actually sat down and thought about how to write a good discription, it would go something like this:

Hi my name is rhys(I don't know your real name so this will work) of so and so films or productions. I am currently accepting cash donations so that I can purchase various props and eqipment for my short film titled, "Vinsore: the Beginning." You can check out my website at www.vinsore.com or whatever. Any donations would greatly be appreciated. Thank you, rhys.

Obviously, if you wrote something like you did in your reply your gonna have some folks think your weird or troubled. Point is, you do it write and people will deposit money.
Visual Effects Artist
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

it will obviously be more interesting than just i want revenge, KILL!!!
i dont believe you....
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

If you dont believe me... wait until i get the whole thing out... then make ur opinion.
wildstorm: thanks... and vinsore.com is an open website... i would make it, but we dont have frontpage anymore, im gonna download it from microsoft.com i will try and make a website when i have it.
There are some nice free legal web hosts out there, but i need frontpage to use them.
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

make it in geocities.com you dont have to have frontpage it uploads his own page builder (but you have to have Java so it will work).The only thing is that you have like 15 or 20 mb for you webcite.
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

lol Rhys - trust me if i was in michael jacksons lair, he'd probably have a few copies of your 'action' movies tee hee.

Seriously tho, its always UTTER cheese seeing little teenie boppers running around with airsoft guns (twice the size of them) threatening each other in voices yet to break...

Why not therefore make a film where you are actually playing kids. Who knows you could make the next 'Stand by Me' theres a great example ;)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Seriously tho, its always UTTER cheese seeing little teenie boppers running around with airsoft guns (twice the size of them) threatening each other in voices yet to break...
Why not therefore make a film where you are actually playing kids
Lawriejafffa: I am... stupid tool. I have never used airsoft guns, there illegal in Australia due to our sh*t laws. And i am no kid, im a teen.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

rhys wrote:
Why not therefore make a film where you are actually playing kids
Lawriejafffa: I am... stupid tool. I have never used airsoft guns, there illegal in Australia due to our sh*t laws. And i am no kid, im a teen.
Your 13 aren't ya? If you are, your a kid. You wouldn't be considered a teen until you turn 16 dude lol. Airsoft guns illegal in Australia?? How was Grant able to obtain airsoft guns? he lives in Australia too.
Visual Effects Artist
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Teenie bopper? So he's a girl now?

I'll watch your movie I just hope its not a 10 minute non-stop fight scene.

And this guy loves the taste of his enemies blood on his hands? Is he supposed to be you or something?
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

rhys, you ARE a kid, even if you're 13. I'm 17 and I'm well aware that to a whole lot of people, I'm still a kid. I wanted to make amazing action movies when I was 12 or 13 too, but you have to face it, unless you have an AWESOME story for why, as Lawriejaffa pointed out, kids are running around killing each other, it just isn't going to work out believably, at all.

Unless you're in a post-apocalyptic world, all the teenies are orphans who have no adults looking after them and have got to make their own way in a terribly violent world. Then, maybe, depending completely on how plausible the story is, I can see kids engaging in acts of violence. After all, that type of situation isn't unheard of in, for example, war-torn countries.

Seriously though, if you're bent on making a film that stars you and your similarly-aged friends as killers, go with something other than running around killing each other in your parents' houses. A film about a school schooting/massacre is more believable than that. Heck, your revenge plot can even be shuffled around a bit and made into a school shooting. Just something to think about.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Look, if u want me to, i can get into the details of what happens.
His best and pretty much only friend gets raped and bashed until she is nearly dead. She tells him, he gets p*** off at the guys who did it, and talks about killing them. He clearly doesnt because hes smart enough to know that hes gonna get his assed kicked into prison if he does. He waits for a while, until one day he goes to his friends house, and that guys there, about to do it again. Then he tries to get the guy off her, and he almost gets himself killed (goes unconsious for a while). Vinsores only friend then did again, and she either commits suicide because shes so scared of what happens, or the guy kills her while doing it. After Vinsore has got his scars healed enough, he is then told of what happens. He gets p*** of, and extremely sad. With his blood seeping from his head, he cries for ages over what happens. Then he finally desides that he will follow through with wat he promised to do when she was alive.
He trains for 3 months every day... with weapons that he dug up from under his house (ka-bar knife with scabbard, katana, and 2 extendable batons). He takes out the page of what she wrote before she dies, and he relieses that there was three guys who did that. He then hunts them down, one by one, until his pain is gone, and the people who killed the only person he ever loved, die. He almost gets himself killed during it, but he gets his revenge.
And this guy loves the taste of his enemies blood on his hands? Is he supposed to be you or something?
Uh yeah, pretty much, note the whole 'based on a true story' thing that was goin on there. But i didnt really kill them, that was just wat i was thinking of doing once, so in reality im like half way there.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

rhys wrote:Look, if u want me to, i can get into the details of what happens.
His best and pretty much only friend gets raped and bashed until she is nearly dead. She tells him, he gets p** off at the guys who did it, and talks about killing them. He clearly doesnt because hes smart enough to know that hes gonna get his assed kicked into prison if he does. He waits for a while, until one day he goes to his friends house, and that guys there, about to do it again. Then he tries to get the guy off her, and he almost gets himself killed (goes unconsious for a while). Vinsores only friend then did again, and she either commits suicide because shes so scared of what happens, or the guy kills her while doing it. After Vinsore has got his scars healed enough, he is then told of what happens. He gets p** of, and extremely sad. With his blood seeping from his head, he cries for ages over what happens. Then he finally desides that he will follow through with wat he promised to do when she was alive.
He trains for 3 months every day... with weapons that he dug up from under his house (ka-bar knife with scabbard, katana, and 2 extendable batons). He takes out the page of what she wrote before she dies, and he relieses that there was three guys who did that. He then hunts them down, one by one, until his pain is gone, and the people who killed the only person he ever loved, die. He almost gets himself killed during it, but he gets his revenge.
Uh yeah, pretty much, note the whole 'based on a true story' thing that was goin on there. But i didnt really kill them, that was just wat i was thinking of doing once, so in reality im like half way there.
The story actualy doesn't sound to bad, infact I really want to see what happens when you make it, it has the potential to be goodish, as long as you don't skip along the storyline and leave the viewer behind.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Thanks Jperson. Why would i skip past the storyline? Its a movie for a reason, and movies have a storyline, unless there like some of them movies like 'Ghostworld' i hated that movie so much.
puje

Post by puje »

And where does the "lightning from eyes" come in??
[url]http://www.bigcow.dk[/url]
[img]http://www.bigcow.dk/images/boardlogo.GIF[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

It doesnt, that was just to fill in space until i film that scene.