new film what do you think?

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

new film what do you think?

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

this is a preview of my new film, blood money II. blood money I was okay but nothing to shout about. this is much better it has effects in it cos i have premiere now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b2mxq2lVr8c

look at that i even put it on youtube for added ease of useness
Djokicko

RE: new film what do you think?

Post by Djokicko »

I like how you got your mom and friends to play in it that's good. Those muzzle flashes when the hitman was going slow-mo didn’t look good, that cgi handbomb need's a little more work and the explosion to.
But overall it look's good, you planed everything witch I liked, you got good props, and really nice cars, and you got your mom to act as well that’s sweet of them:lol:
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

As Djokicko said you've planned everything so I'm assuming shooting the bit was easy. Muzzle flashes are typically big on automatic weapons though so try to find or make bigger ones. Just take a look at some gun battle movies for reference. You've shot at their vehicle and they have shot at your vehicle so you will need to somehow add bullet holes and shattering glass. The grenade though was big and needs to be smaller. That shot where the camera is positioned behind the gang of people that get the grenade thrown at them, the sunlight was too bright so your gonna need to adjust the white balance when shooting towards the sunlight. But all in all I'm interested in seeing the rest of the film. The sound design was good. In my opinion, bad to the bone really didn't fit with the action sequence but thats just my opinion. Good job though.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

The opening 3d title was pretty good, the title doesnt change when the electricity flies around though. Too bad for those who are epeliptic. I hate the earpiece, its too try-hard.
The first song that plays is really good.
The second song is really lame. The voice over is too, very lame.
The color is fairly grey, you should try and either make it more greyscaled, or make the color more vivid.
The acting of the guy who was getting shot at the start was REALLY lame. It would have been more exiting if there was Lotsa blood. He falls back without any on him.
Kids shouldnt swear that often, only when there p*** of or really scared.
The camera is shakey and makes it hard to see whats going on.
Wow, again 10 year olds running around with guns. The props are pretty good.
The trench coats cool, but u dont deserve it.
The explosion was pretty well thoughtout. The granade was spinning to often for its speed. The explosion its self was pretty lame once again, if u want some good explosions message me at rhyscooper82@hotmail.com.
The wink at the end was really cr**, sorry but that was pretty bad.
Keep trying. Just think things out a bit more, and try for more emotion and stop having so much just raw, unneeded action (some of this maybackfire, but i really dont care).
Hide or fight for your life?
joe

Post by joe »

That shot where the camera is positioned behind the gang of people that get the grenade thrown at them, the sunlight was too bright so your gonna need to adjust the white balance when shooting towards the sunlight.
I haven't watched this film, just wanted to correct this comment for anyone that needs it. White balance doesn't have anything to do with the brightness of the picture, it deals with what the camera perceives as the color white, for in-camera color correction. The brightness of the image would have to do with the exposure settings. An honest mistake. Cheers.

Joe
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

omg, omg, omg my favorite car!!! Nissan Skyline GTR!!!!! I want that car, you lucky bastard!!!!!! Ya only thing i like in that video was the skyline, 10/10<-becuase of the skyline!
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

One more thing, u will have to ask ur self, even if the people got dramatically older (20-35 year old), 20 people shooting at one guy? Where did they get there guns? Why are they all on a team? Why arent they hitting him? Why do they have there guns in the street? Why do they not care at all about police?
Any way that u film that same thing, even with older people, its still going to be unrealistic and somehow lame.
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

thanks for the constructive critiscism guys! and rhys i can think of plenty of proffesional hollywood films wich have the same formula, the matrix, james bond....

that skyline is good isnt it :-) its the same one we used in the first film, wich isnt very good. i got those props for about 2 quid 50 and a war and peace show! excellent deal.

and i think you'll find there are three people rhys not 20 8)

also its not meant to be super realistic, its a fun exciting action flick
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

i thought about bullet holes but it wouldnt have worked because the camera wasnt still and i cant do camera matching so it would have looked like the were moving around the car
www.freewebs.com/martinman300
no-budget film making.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

also its not meant to be super realistic, its a fun exciting action flick
Problem is... its not overly exciting. Yeah the film was kinda fun, really lame, but kinda fun. It lacked in excitement alot. The way excitement is produced is from realisism. Personally i think kill bill was an awesomely exciting film because it was so very realistic. You dont need to get anywhere near kill bill standard, but at leasted try to make it like that.
Your film can easily have the 3 actors shooting at you if u want, but make it at leasted a little more believable that they cant shoot. They were shooting at a guy who was like 2 meters away. That would be an easy shot, even i can shoot at a can 20 meters away 90%+ of the time and i have only ever fired a gun 10 times, on that day.
Oh yeah, and with that guy who is the first to be shot, his window opens when he goes near the car, but he doesnt open it himself, it just pops open. At the start when it goes past the 'assassin' or 'spy' or 'hitman' or whatever hes supposed to be, he smiles, although he really shouldnt. It makes the film a little more dynamic if the guy is p*** off. No person who has to kill people for a living is going to be enjoying it as if it were merely a playstation (believe me id know). He should have only held the earpiece once at most.
The first part when he pulls his gun out to shoot the guy in the front seat was lagged a bit. It should have him bringing out his gun straight then firing it almost instantly (because he does that in the rest of the clip). And his defence should be much faster. And he drops the gun while trying to get it. You can also see the cameramans leg, im not sure if ur supposed to, but its just one thing id change.
When the guy jumps out of the car, it should have been a much wider angle, so you can see him jump out, and he shouldnt yell f**k but merely say it to himself, if he needs to at all. Then the guys who jump out of the back really shouldnt grab that guy, he clearly has had training, and his one of them. The guy in the black also seems like hes just trying to do what the guy in the white shirt was doing, no idea what was goin on.
The sudden change of song, and the bringout of the tommy gun was well done. The muzzle flash should have changed, and u may want to consider a difforent sound effect. When he runs back behind his car the muzzle flashes and pullback seemed very realistic.
Try getting a tripod. As i said, the wink to the camera was really lame, his attitude should be angrier and more p*** of, but dont overdo it or it will look like s**t.
The very last thing ill add, he runs away from the cops with his gun, when his car was right next to him, ready to be used.
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

Your metal head productions was too draggy and long. Camera was shaky, get a tripod and dolly. teens holding guns seemed impossible. How do they get hold of them and use it? The effect at 2:16 was the good thing, the 'suit' was nice on that guy. Reminds me of the matrix. Could have done better for the explosion.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

yeh pretty much every single thing that rhys said, plus wtf? 23sec logo! you really need to shorten it i like the very start of it but have the ligtning straight away and for a few times then cut off.
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

joe wrote:
That shot where the camera is positioned behind the gang of people that get the grenade thrown at them, the sunlight was too bright so your gonna need to adjust the white balance when shooting towards the sunlight.
I haven't watched this film, just wanted to correct this comment for anyone that needs it. White balance doesn't have anything to do with the brightness of the picture, it deals with what the camera perceives as the color white, for in-camera color correction. The brightness of the image would have to do with the exposure settings. An honest mistake. Cheers.

Joe
Thanks for correcting me on that. I couldn't think of the right word so white balance came to mind. lol
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

thanks everyone. and rhys this scene is on exactly the same theme as all the other "films" you have done.
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

I hated the opening title, but having so many people around and in the shot was awesome and very well done :) the rest sucked.
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

i no the logo went on for a bit, but i wanted it to fit with the music
no-budget film making.
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

But we were bored looking at how long it took to finish that.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

rhys this scene is on exactly the same theme as all the other "films" you have done.
wasnt this supposed to be a trailer for a movie that ur going to actually spend time on?
the reason MY films are like that is because i want to skip the whole part of things and just get onto the fights.
the movie im making (still writing the script, not yet filming) is clearly going to make sence.
If it sounds like i took it personally, u heard correctly.
Zac: why are u online so little? and at like 9:30 at night? i leave around 9-ish.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

one thing.....capri pants dont look cool with a trenchcoat.
Problem is... its not overly exciting. Yeah the film was kinda fun, really lame, but kinda fun. It lacked in excitement alot.
and of course.....you never run into that problem....
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

ok well i havent't read too manu other posts so itf i repeat some cr** then yah... whatever...

ok well my main pet peeve in any film i see on here is cinematography.... most of the films on here work really hard on the story.... but i use that energy for setting up the shot...

what my film (sorry i mean read the comments about my film) and its all been commented on for the cinematography... thats really what i do ....
just work hard on setting up the shots... cause it pains my eyes to see a great story go up in flames cause of bad cinematography....
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

and of course.....you never run into that problem....
FOR GODS SAKE WHY HAS NO BODY REALISED I HAVE NEVER MADE A FILM WITH A STORY LINE, FOR GODS SAKE SHUT UP! And im not the one whos making a full length movie over 12 year old 'world famous, and the best' assassins, mine about a tortured 13 year old getting homocidal.
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

lol
no-budget film making.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah, id have to agree with u there. Man, i have quite a bit of built up anger, maybe i need to see someone about this.
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

just an update to say im re editing the muzzel flashes, title, and grenade.
no-budget film making.
KeithP

Post by KeithP »

LOL. I actually did not like that. Rhys is right so leave the poor kid alone. Everytime im on here someones tanking on the poor kid. For one it was not exciting at all. The first title was very long for something just sitting there. If you want bullet holes in the car track them with AE. As for the explosion. It was very fake. A thing I like to do is make it normal size wherever its supposed to be then key it so it gets bigger before it goes out of the frame this will give it a huge explosion effect. Add a bit of camera shake at the end to make it appear it was so good the camera fell over or whatever. I don't like the music. I liked when the first song hit the high not and then switched. Only second I liked. Grenade was way to fake. Have someone on the other side and chuck it in. If he shows up just ground the camera and remove him after. Im not really excited to see the rest until its cool. I also noticed that the mom and kids walked around the same corner doing the same thing. First one was when their was a group behind her. Second was when the guys were pulling up or in the car. About 45 secs difference and she seems to be doing the same thing haha. Nice try. Have fun with it.