Rendering Settings

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

brain.nz

Rendering Settings

Post by brain.nz »

Hi all,
I've been thinking about rendering time and how long it's taking. I used to do a bit of 3D animation and I watched/read a tutorial somewhere that told me to take off a setting (like some type of shadows or something) while rendering and as a result, the rendering process would cut back dramatically without much difference in the output quality.

I was wondering if anyone has any rendering tips? Like what is the main factor that makes rendering take so long and which settings, if any, can I change that would speed up the rendering time without too much quality loss.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and Adobe Encore 2.0.

Cheers guys,
brain.nz
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/brain_nz/brain-nz.gif[/img]
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Rendering Settings

Post by DEDFX »

You can't change rendering time, unless you have the best of what software you have and a fast computer.
brain.nz

Render Farm

Post by brain.nz »

Oh okay. What does a network render/render farm require in terms of actually getting the computers to render together? Do they all need to have the video editing program installed or is there just like a small allplication that links back to one computer?
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/brain_nz/brain-nz.gif[/img]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Render Farm

Post by Epsilon »

Correct. For example, instead of one computer rendering all the frames in a sequence, a computer can task off a little bit at a time to various computers. When the other computers finish a particular task, they send back the completed frames to the main computer. Essentially, the number of computers used for rendering is that many times faster at rendering the sequence. Typically such software is built into the program you are using to render the frames. It is not practical for editing programs, as rendering times are not usually extensive. Whereas in animated sequences, a single frame may take up several minutes or several hours to render. Without a rendering farm, rendering a project could takes days or weeks!