EMOTION

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

EMOTION

Post by film fanatic »

Who here actually portrays emotion in their films?!?!?!
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

When i film things i try to get the actors to portray realistic emotion. I do my best to do the same. But for me though, people i get to act are used to being on a stage in a play. Although some people disagree....stage acting is NOTHING like film acting. Stage is all body language, film is about %90 face, %10 body. But yeah, emotion is the most important part of the story of a film. Anyone whos a worthwhile actor or actress needs to be able to pull off some emotion. Thats what acting is.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

you want emotion film fanatic! Then check out this film i did a while ago ;)

www.newagefilm.co.uk/PURGATORY.wmv

and one my friend directed,

www.newagefilm.co.uk/Hidden2.wmv
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

Lawriejaffa wrote:you want emotion film fanatic! Then check out this film i did a while ago ;)

www.newagefilm.co.uk/PURGATORY.wmv
I enjoyed that one. Good example.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Emotion is needed everywhere... if theres no emotion, theres no story.
And emotion isnt always just crying or being annoyed at something, but the whole selection.
You need anger, sadness, tired, annoyed, confused, and in the middle. Unless your gonna make a comedy, or ur makin ur movie quickly, make sure u have them in it.
But emotion doesnt live without a script, its not like u can have someone really sad and depressed for someone who just got promoted, won the lotto and got married.
But god, make sure u have it in on the right times, because i just watched an adidas commercial, and it was supposed to be inspiring about a 5 year old who was short and bought some shoes then felt like he wasnt short.
Hide or fight for your life?