UDDS X

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Grant

UDDS X

Post by Grant »

The UDDS have cometh!

High Quality Film

Size: 57.1MB
Format: .wmv
Length: 14min 15sec
Resolution: 704 x 576

Low Quality Film

Size: 20.9MB
Format: .wmv
Length: 14min 15sec
Resolution: 320 x 240
Luteleigh

Post by Luteleigh »

Haha yeah! It's finally out, at one stage we thought it would come out around the same time as Hollow Point, but at least we finished it before Naughty Soldiers lol.

Further info can be found at the new http://www.sickindividual.com/uddsX.html.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Well done, hilarious. I had to go back and watch the first two just so I knew what it was all about.

The Good:

Uniforms were excellent.
Weaponry was excellent.
Special Effect make-up was Brill.
Computer Effects were great.
Script was good.
Shots were varied and excellent.
Acting was good in places.
Sound effects were great.

The bad:

The acting was dodgy in places. (You get away with dodgy acting in comedies. Adds to the film in a way).
No muzzle flashes on guns being fired. That made them look a bit fake. And considering the lengths you went to with visuals and sounds I would've thought muzzle flashes would have been included.

Overall a really fun, well made film. The best out of the three. Only a couple of things I could see to improve it. The man playing the soldier's wife was excellent.

I give it 9 out of 10. Well done boys.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Grant

Post by Grant »

thanks DE, We cannot help the dodget acting lol that is the SIP way :) A lotof the props were either made from, scratch or adapted. The CG was the best we could do at our current skill level.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

The CG looked fine. The fact it wasn't perfect added to the comedy style.

The props looked Excellent.

Just sometimes the acting was off just causing the film to stutter now and then, but mostly it was fine and the film flowed great. I loved it.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

This is by far the best Udds movie ever ,good props, great humor, great everything I really liked it.
One thing when the big CG Udd jumped on the ground you could have made a shake thing so it looks like the ground has moved as it landed,makeing it look like it is really huge :D
Can you upload that song "here come the Udds,here come the Udds" it really rock's :D
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

WHAT!?

Everyone died in the end?
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Keep watching after the credits!!!
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I did I just thought they were outtakes or something

Oh yeah, you guys used the ol' jetpack crutches ending, classic.

Next stop Michigan?

I thought it was the best UDDS yet, you guys should have tutorials on how you made the guns and SFX!
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Michigan ftw - wait, nvm...lol Downloading, 30%.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Wow, I dying of how good that was , seriously, I'm surprised there are so few replies, that was brill, really brill, I haven't seen the films before this one but I still got it, very good. A pitty about some parts where it seemed you cut a few corners, the muzzle flashes for instance, otherwise very good. I particularly like the real explosions, brilliant! The 3D wasn't great, but then I'm used to the graphics of real 3D graphics - good! :)
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Luteleigh

Post by Luteleigh »

Lol, you want 'Here Comes the Udds'? I think we can arrange an upload for that... by the way I did the entire musical score, any comments on that too?

The 3D was designed to look cartoonish, we just pasted a smilie face as the skin for example to look like a a texter mark much like the 'live' Udds. And Jperson if you haven't seen Udds Armageddon you should check it out, its not as refined but more of a war than Udds X.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Yeah, I should have told you to film behind the scenes and a docu before you started filming...

The beginning reminded me of "Bad Taste" which is a great film BTW/FTW
Last edited by DEDFX on Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Thanks all, there will be a dvd with extended features. We do have lots of behind the scenes pics and will be explaining a few things etc. We left a lot of gun flahses out because we actually thought it cheapened the look.
But this is not the last of the UDDS!
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

These kind of films are the hardest to give feedback to, there 'crowd-pleasers' and i think they almost always work because only a certain type of individual is drawn to making such films in the first place.

I'm no difference in my response to others here Grant, i think its an amusing and funny (beautifull violent film) Totally absurd and wisely comic.

My only criticisms is again the acting, make no mistake comedy performance and acting is a science, and while the strong visuals make the film so absurd (that we find it amusing) it makes the lack of performance quality less discernable. That said it is STILL discernable, and detracts from the films potential, i would say just have your gents rehearse a little more ;)

I know the cheesy performances are part of what the film is about, but even 'cheesy' performances have to be good lol

I know it may not be your intention, but i would think, you would be wise to consider taking the lessons from all 3 of the films done so far, and consider putting together a feature length project (covering the subject matter) and perhaps even using a lot of the 'effects' shots you have of gore etc already.

Such a fun violent film could have some commerical potential!
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

Luteleigh wrote:Lol, you want 'Here Comes the Udds'? I think we can arrange an upload for that... by the way I did the entire musical score, any comments on that too?
Yeah I liked the music in the entire movie did you use a program or normal instruments. And please do upload that song it really rock’s I like the guitar riff.
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Very sexy Grant, very sexy. And I liked the film too! Effects were up the the usual SI standards and I liked the story even better than Udds Armageddon, and can't wait for the next installment.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Good work fellas..Great effects, great sound, location. I did feel a little robbed in terms of story development. I sense you had a different ending in place but halfed Udds X to save it for another release? I may be wrong it just seemed to ended very abruptly.

Great work !
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

Everything was great except for some of the acting. I love the special effect and make up. It looked real.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Thanks Lawriejaffa, i have always felt a more universal appeal to the subject and a feature would be great. Djokicko I think Lute will answer you on this one. I know he plays most of the instruments you hear except for the drum loops. Thanks also PDJ, the ending was set early on. I actually forgot to shoot a tiny portion! Agent L was meant to go to the toiltet before Agent Franklin blew the base up. You would have seen him get blown over in an outhouse and covered in poop. Then he emerges to save Agent G. There was also a planned single shot at the end of 4 udds on horse back looking over humanity :) Look out in the furture for Apocalypse Udd :)
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I effing loved this movie. Hilarious, great music, effects, ESPECIALLY with the explosions and blood. Any chance you'd put the entire soundtrack up on your site?

Love both of those series, putting together the I TEAM and UDDS was fricking brilliant :)
Grant

Post by Grant »

I will speak to Lute about the soundtrack, I think he will agree :) Remember that the I-Team were in 'Udds Armageddon' blowing up the Udd base.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I know, just commenting on it since I never got the chance to drool over Armageddon here on the forums :P
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Ohh! It is finally out! I look forward to this!
Luteleigh

Post by Luteleigh »

Djokicko wrote: Yeah I liked the music in the entire movie did you use a program or normal instruments. And please do upload that song it really rock’s I like the guitar riff.
Yeah its all recorded with instruments through an audigy platinum. I play the keyboards, guitars, mandolins, with effects applied, and I have a large collection of drum loops to add to the music.

We will consider updating the downloads section with a music category.