'REGENERATION' FULL FILM DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

'REGENERATION' FULL FILM DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!

Post by mickcar73 »

Okay here it is 'Regeneration' , we shot this during the winter months, it is 1hour 12 mins long.
Heres the full download link http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... generation

The story is : Robert Tobin, an officeworker for Hammond pharmacuetical corporation gets a bad string of luck. He was at the peak of his life when suddenly a mix of work and personal problems land him in rock bottom. He's been used, betrayed by his friends and loved ones................
Then one night he invites a group of people to a swaray at his mansion......then the killing starts. People start to drop like flies, one by one.
Now the house guests must try to survive and unravel the mystery and motives of the masked figure who holds their fate in his hands.
Why have they been brought here? Are they all part of a bigger plan?

It is a murder mystery/ horror and has alot of black comedy . Any way theres a cheesy site http://regenerationmovie.com/index.html which has info on it, pictures etc too.

any trailers/ info can be found at this thread

http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9465

I would appreciate any comments or reviews about the film or any aspects of it like story etc. Thanks
Last edited by mickcar73 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Terrible, just terrible, bad lighting, hard to see, bad acting, terrible, if sometimes offensive script, boring, complicated, long, a man with a mask doesn't scare myself or any 1 month year-old baby, try a different genre next time, make it more interesting, with better lighting and a way better script, and really importantly, KEEP IT SHORTER!!!

I didn't follow most of it either, the only good thing in this movie was, um, possibly the titles, and those snippets of filming where deffinetly the best part.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I was bored so I gave it a shot.

You need to invest in a tripod...badly. Your problem is the framing of shots and continuity as well as the constant laughter behind the camera. It looks as if you did one take per angle and if it was a bad take said, "Whatever lets keep moving."

All though it wasn't the best made film it was far better than other stuff I've seen here and the dialoge was pretty hilarious at points. I don't know what you were going with here but it definatly felt to me like a comedy/horror.
Last edited by Kentertainment on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah, i watched the first few titles, i still didnt like it.
Its like 1 hour and you didnt even manage to buy a tripod?
Why do u spend so much time and not even pay the $40 for stabilisation, and an extra actor.
As Kentertainment said, rubber masks dont scare a crow.
Yeah, and whats with the title "regeneration" it has hardly a thing to do with the story line and looks alot like resident evil, the title was basically the same, and the story of resident evil was once going to be called that.
Good points... hmm..... the going through the envelope was quite good.
Hide or fight for your life?
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Jperson- You just keep sayin g terrible all the time you never go into detail about what your saying is wrong with the lighting etc, also it wasnt meant to be at all scary , its more of a black comedy.And the motives etc were explained clearly when he holds them at gunpoint. Im also curious what did you find offensive in the script?

Kentertainment- Ahahah ye there the part where hes out in the garden you can here some laughter i know, ah well. Yes ive never bothered using a tripod, i dunno i just felt with all the things wed have to do it wud take to much time and you wouldnt have much freedom. When people screwed up there lines we usually kept the same angle bar some times when we just wanted maybe the last few words said etc. Your right about it being a sort of comedy horror, and im glad you found some of the lines funny as we were trying to get that across, thanks for your reply

rhys- "Yeah,i watched the first few titles, i still didnt like it." Did you even watch the whole film? Because it looks like your judging it from the first 10 seconds. And the title does have to do with storyline, even in the first minute you can see it being mentioned and how do you think he survived after been thrown out a window? Any body could see the decision to use that title. thanks anyway

Any body else? i need some more replys, comments if you can
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

I know I didn't go into detail, I didn't have much time when I posted that. IK maybe I shouldn't say terrible all the time, maybe I'll just say bad instead.

No there were some bits which where good, some lines were funny 'it's practicaly raiping them' was quite good, but I just thought the man in the mask was a bit wierd, and I have to say that I found it boring. I suppose my main problem is with the script. This is mainly because I'm more into the script side of things when making films, I found that it just, simply enough, dragged on for to long, and maybe why I found so boring is that it moved quite slowly and there didn't seem to be much editing, but maybe that's how you wanted it…

Also, the lighting, maybe it's just the quality of the film but quite a lot of the scenes where hard to see, a couple of them in particular, when they were in the house. This is probably because the majority of it was done at night, which makes it hard to light properly.

And the acting… Well the on guy who played the dude with glasses, he could have been quite good (I think) had he had a better script to work with, I thought his character was very, well, um… odd. The person who played the main character, had some tinges which really sounded like there was no expression, just somel lines he delivered with un-enthusiasm.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Well, I'm not sure how serious you are when you ask for 'critiques' about your film mickcar73... I mean lets start from what we probably both know.

The film is plainly amatuerish, made with little attempt to resemble anything remotely associated with 'quality' technical or creative work.

What i mean to say is, this is obviously mediocre, (far below it,) and you've posted it knowing this. So im not sure what feedback you would expect, because surely its obvious.

There is no lighting set ups, and no clear decision to use available lighting wisely. This is why it looks from a lighting perspective like a hideous home video. Cos there ain't enuf exposure, you have lots of horrible 'video noise' that makes the poor visuals look even worse!

Camera work... well, this is subjective, there are 2 schools of thoughts (often mixed) about when and when not to use tripods. Your shaky cam though is particularly shaky and obviously has no OIS feature (includedo on the cam or turned on) So it looks particularly jerky. The odd dramatic zoom brings a chuckle.

The sound, and (the ADR) is sometimes legible, other times not, making our understanding of the film a chore at times.

The story and plot seem fairly simple, but I could not bring myself to watch it all, it was just too bad to make myself endure it!

The acting was obvioulsy rubbish, with the possible exception of the 'boss' character who was fairly amusing. But lets not kid ourselves, you all looked like children... are children, and this added to the amatuerish appearance of the film.

So this big slop of faeces is best expelled quickly imo, and for your next project you should plan far more in advance for your project.

If your excuse is that you were only mucking about in the project then 'fine' but just don't expect others to suffer the experience of having to spectate your self-indulgences.

ADVICE

Film during the day... put your white balance according (to the sun icon *sigh*) whenever your actors speak, do it in close up (so the camera's mic can get close as i presume u don't have a seperate mic) and ensure your actors play characters who share their actual age. Work on a far simpler story, (and a far shorter film)

Plan your shots, and hold a rehearsal beforehand... book a tripod (if its ur grannies camcorder then a cheap tripod for $30 can even suffice.)

Thank you and goodnight hehe
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

I kind of liked it was just a movie he did with friends for fun (I mean they where laughing as they here acting), a nice horror/comedy. The script was nice but it was just too long if you have made it like a half a hour movie that would be better. I liked some of the effect like that car that explodes and when the guy with glasses gets his head cut off.
I didn’t like that wobbly camera I mean I know you where going for that 24 kind of look but it didn’t work I just look like a very amateur. It was good only when there was some fight scenes but you did it all the time and it was just two much my head began to hurt(not joking).Also it was too dark at the end but ok.Maybe you should have tried bighting it up a bit in some program. Also one other thing MOREE BLOOOD if it had more blood in it would been great:D and the sound was bad, try buying a mic and making a boom stick (I think they call it that).
Over all nice comedy/horror in the future try using a cheap stedycam and a good mic for the next movie.
Cheers
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Lawriejaffa - Im finding it hard to endure your excessive ranting, how much did you actually watch?
To everybody else thanks for your comments il try and get a tripod.
Just curious what did you think of the reveal of the killer? good or bad choice of person? . Because we have like 6 alternate endings with hilarious consequences.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

*ahem* now lets remember 'reality' here mickcar... by no means is my criticism a 'rant', on the contrary most of my points are quite specific.

If you are under ANY dellusion that you've created a film that actually merits any critical flattery, then think again. It's tosh and your lucky to get the recommendations i took the time to type ;)
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

You seem to be forcing your opinion like it was fact like you are the best filmaker in history, you probably enjoy those boring black and white art films where a tap drips for 20 minutes which is supposed to symbolise something worthless. And plus you didnt even watch most of it.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yeah imagine liking those 'boring' b&w films that just happened to inspire and ferment the modern visual codes and narrative structures we use today for making films... Maybe if you had watched just one of those your film wouldn't have appeared like the juvenile self-indulgent teen-fest it was hehe.

I watched as much as i could of that film, before my eyes started to boil at the irritating mediocrity they were forced to endure... I mean trust me if a guy can't even watch all of it cos its that bad, then 'demanding' he see it all isnt going to change his opinion.

You set out imo to make a film that was a black comedy, a horror-spoof... instead it looked like some dworks with their grannies camcorder *shrugs* It might not have if you planned your film, but because u didn't it sucks...

I'm just amazed that you don't seem to realise it!!!
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Ive seen plenty of those type films and none i saw ever came to any conclusion. And of course im a teenager so what do you expect me to do wait until im like yourself at like 40 years old before the actors have credibility? I didnt demand you to watch it but you say things like every single thing wasnt planned, of course it was,all of it. And the fact that you probably watched 10 minutes doesnt represent the entire film. Any way thats that .
Last edited by mickcar73 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

*shakes head* well guess your 'teen' mind has summed up all the art films lol, and btw im 25 (and what your 14 right...) lol, anyway you have my comments, and i'll stick to my advice, regarding planning ur next film, cos trully if that film u made was 'planned' it would not have been so bad.
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

im 16, i aint a fan of art films no, but if it has a good story then i could,and yes it was ALL planned. Well its your opinion.

Any body else have any coments?
joe

Post by joe »

I haven't watched this film. It seems quite long to watch on a computer, at least for me with 56k. Anyways, I just wanted to say that Lawrie's critique seems well thought out and most likely valid. Mickcar, you need to understand that when you ask for comments, that not all are going to be positive. In all reality, the negative ones are the ones that are giong to help your filmmaking the most. So, you need to decide whether you're trying to puff up your ego or puff up your filmmaking skills, and take the advice/criticisms of filmmakers with more experience. Cheers on getting something done though at least.
Lebotimizer_1

Post by Lebotimizer_1 »

I think you guys are being hard on him i watched it and thought it was well made aside from the shaky camera . it was quite amusing especially the jurassic park skit
'Ive been eating nothing but chicken tika and lasagne for days" - Dead Mans Walk 04
Lebotimizer_1

Post by Lebotimizer_1 »

i was just wondering who was that guy who played boss he was a good character
'Ive been eating nothing but chicken tika and lasagne for days" - Dead Mans Walk 04
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Daniel Kelly played him, what did you think of the killer reveal? good choice or bad choice?
Lebotimizer_1

Post by Lebotimizer_1 »

hmm yeh pretty good but it shud have been someone really unexpected
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

then you would have liked the one of our alternate endings in particular,you would never guesswho. its goin to be on the deluxe dvd and then the inevitable sequel heheh
Lebotimizer_1

Post by Lebotimizer_1 »

deluxe dvd how much :scratchchin:
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

ahahaha oh god i dunno yet, but it will be a bargain, il post up the art work of it soon
Lebotimizer_1

Post by Lebotimizer_1 »

cool i wouldnt buy it anyway it free right
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

ye but il be taking it down in a while though