MINI 35

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

MINI 35

Post by DAZMAN »

am i going mad here or does this to you look like I can purchase a cheeper (but equally good) Mini 35 to fit my jvc hd100e for UNDER A 1000 pounds???????

Rock on

http://www.redrockmicro.com
www.x-21.tk
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: MINI 35

Post by Lawriejaffa »

um you can get mini 35 adapters for under £300!!?!! So you went for a HD 100e ;) We nearly did, but we got an HVX200 instead, (i remember you asking about the hvx200 on this forum earlier)
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: MINI 35

Post by ctbullet »

well by the title i was excited to read about the mini car, but ya no nevermind, sorry no advice
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: MINI 35

Post by DAZMAN »

[quote="Lawriejaffa"]um you can get mini 35 adapters for under £300!!?!! So you went for a HD 100e ;) We nearly did, but we got an HVX200 instead, (i remember you asking about the hvx200 on this forum earlier)[/quote]

lol, yes in the end. I talked to alot of distributors. The only thing i did not like about the jvc was the lack of 1080i (but the hvx200 also lacked inter changeble lenses).

Then i found out that if i am making movies there is absoloutly no point in shooting 1080i
It is interlaced and even if manualy deinterlaced, you will struggle on converting it to 35mm film. most companys wont touch it. so 720p all the way :D :D :D
www.x-21.tk
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: MINI 35

Post by Lawriejaffa »

So check the dvxuser.com forum dazman and you'll find loads of links to mini 35mm adapters of all sorts and prices. Ya the interchangeable lenses is a good point about the JVC no doubt, tho for the HVX I find the mini35 adapters let me put the lenses i want on anyway (for what i need) and the p2 blah blah.

But ANYWAY point is congrats on ur camera, and for mini 35 you can get them much cheaper matie, just look about on that link i sent ya bud ;)

Oh and get posting some stuff u shoot! Cos hell dude u and me might be the only prosumer HD dudes here! (muhahahahhaa)
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

lol will do, just about to go into my final year at uni so im stocking up like mad on equipmrnt.
uni has loadsa lights, dollys ect but im getting all the stuff i really need. A film i did got nominated for an award by the royal tv socity but we didnt win. so its all guns blazing to try and nail the bas***d this year.

I got my GY HD100E in the post today, im already on a waiting list for a glide cam smothshooter. then im getting a mini 35 and a few old nikon lens's.

Have you managed to get a P2 yet mate? no where i could find had them in atm
www.x-21.tk
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yeah the nikon lenses are priced well, and a lot of dudes use them with the HVX as well ( i hope to as well!) Yeah well the old camera comes on monday (with a seinheisser ME66 mic) rycote blah blah (so thats handy.) As regards to P2 the price in the UK is just a joke at the moment, (tho im getting a few in the USA.)

Yeah ideally what i want is, good HD Camera, mic, tripod, basic light kit (tho lights are easier to get!)

Im a 3rd year at Napier's Film Degree at the mo, what uni uuu at and how u getting on :)
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

Im at Lincoln university, but its the Hull campas. the course is televistion & film design

not to bad really got my results today and I got a high 2.1for the 2nd year. Most of the year i spent doing private work that didnt count toward my results but has earnt me a few grand and a load of contacts for my final year. Also a music DVD our company is bringing out for a country and western artist is going to bring in 20% of all sales (afeter tax) so that sould fund my final year film.

forgot to mention i got a 16ft crane with a motorised head from "hague camera supports". tis the mutts nuts.

how much is you tuition a year?
www.x-21.tk
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

Look up the Letus35, made by Quyen Lee (sp?) at the DVinfo.net fourms. He makes an adapter that has a relay lense for the HD100, so you don't have to have the leafblower look.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Ya well Dazman, my tuition is £1000 a year thankfully! Ya im a bit like you Dazman to be honest, ive done corporate jobs paid mainly for earning moola! We should hook up on msn (phwoar) since we seem to be doing the same danged thing! (If you pm me ur msn matie I'll add ya!)

At the moment my corporate work tho is mainly for local govt, (and hopefully a lot more jobs in that area soon, cos ive got to pay off that camera and mic! lol)