Shooting in location

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Shooting in location

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Well, i was watching the news and i saw this report.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/93 ... n&psp=news

I thought it was intersting. So just for everyone to know warn people so this does not happen to you.
I wonder how much the director was chargerd for Disorderly Conduct?
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
TroubledCobraStudios

RE: Shooting in location

Post by TroubledCobraStudios »

hmm.......being charged with disorderly conduct seems way too extreme. i mean...they were in a park, away from people, not disturbing anybody. but...i dont know. either the filmmakers need to be a tad bit smarter or the cops need to chill out.
www.freewebs.com/troubledcobrastudios
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I wonder how much the director was chargerd for Disorderly Conduct?
The charge of Disorderly Condust doen't mean a fine. The actor (he was the one actually charged, the director was charged as an accessory) has a court date in August, and might do jail time, though that is unlikely. The video clip on the right hand side of the news page has some footage from the scene they were shooting, looks like a pretty good movie!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I think the cops were perfectly within their rights to act as they did. And the filmmakers were very, very lucky the cops were well-trained, because, let's face it, if you're shooting with a tiny crew (read: not obvious that it's a film crew) and you have realistic guns and gore, it's not beyond belief that the cops are going to respond to someone they perceive to be armed with lethal force.

This is why you always, ALWAYS notify the police when you're shooting in a public place with prop weapons! The hostage-taking actor could have very easily been shot if the situation had detoriated at all. And I don't want to read about anyone from Matt Hawkins being killed while filming, so please, notify the police first :P
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

They got what they deserved. Just be smart when shooting your own films. Enough said.
Bocca

Post by Bocca »

lol, 'well...i thought...it was obvious what we were doing.'

unless your somewhere really deserted, its common sense to notify authorities and the public.
Tis their own fault. At least she admitted it was her own ignorance.
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"