Extreme Martial Arts

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Freddie

Extreme Martial Arts

Post by Freddie »

Hello there ya'll!

I know some of you want to learn tricks / kicks / flips / twist whatever to have in your action movies, well.. me and my friends have our newest tricking sampler up running.. You can all catch it at some of these:

Yousendit:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...0842237A9D737D

Systrickz: (a bit unstabile)
http://www.systrickz.com/videos/sampler ... er2006.wmv

Systrickz:
http://www.game-studio.net/totte/Systri ... er2006.wmv

YouTube: (bleh, bad quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EYfwcXRzvo

Leaving feedback would've been very appriciated
Thanks,
Freddie aka. FreZko
www.Systrickz.com (stunts, tricks, martial arts, flips + little effects in some vids)
Bocca

RE: Extreme Martial Arts

Post by Bocca »

hmmm, its alright.

Didnt see the point of the gi's though. Made it look like a low-budget kung-fu movie without the fighting.

Some of the moves looked a little sketchy too. Tidy them up and make them into a story like team ukemi. They rock. Hard.
(www.teamukemi.com)

i liked it though, what martial art(s) do you guys do? Looks a lot like Tae Kwon Do with the kicks, but karate with some o the strikes.
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

we do TaeKwon Do.. Vicious does Kung Fu
but we learn on our own now :)

what you mean point of the gi's?
and whatteh hell? low-budget-kung-fu-movie?

it was a sampler.. that shower what we are capable of when it comes to tricking...
but ey, thanks
www.Systrickz.com (stunts, tricks, martial arts, flips + little effects in some vids)
Grant

Post by Grant »

Really nice stuff, very fluent. People get upset when fighting in real life is not as fast or as flashy as in the movies, but people movies are not reality. I think you should also tell people how important and essential training to get to your level
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I saw a few frames, yet again. The kicks and spins look really cool, but the start looks pretty lame with the people standing there in the group, then the names of them as if there like dragonballz characters or something. Them moves were pretty cool.
Grant, you got alot of posts. I agree with the part about the real fighting is difforent then movies, but when its better than in the movies, you love it so much you dont blink, until something hits ur eyeballs. I was thinking, that it would be really cool to like do 2 or 3 kinds of martial arts at once and become like a black belt, so you could merely say "im a black belt in ____, _____ and ____" and then actually doing the awesome moves. I was gonna do that, but i figured out that its gonna cost alot and ud probably get confused between them. So now im just gonna do like karate, and if i like it after finishing i will do something else like judo or jujitsu. But hey, thats like 4 years away.
Hehehehe, the the teachers think im a natural i was like :cry: thank you so much.... :)
Hide or fight for your life?
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

Hey that was pretty cool,rock on dudes :band:

Make another one but with difrent angels and a fight scene you dont need a script just make a cool fight.
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

Martial arts- people: Would I be able to start training Tae Kwon alltough I don't train in any other ways now? (In other words: My phyiscal codition is rather lousy...) and: Do How long does it normally take a person to progress trough the grades in TaeKwonDo? - I'm starting at a folkschool next year, on the Theathre line, and I'm planning on choosing TKD as a whatever-you-call-it. (A self- chosen class a few hours per week). - U think I have any chance at succeding?...
Bocca

Post by Bocca »

Yeah, just make sure it does cater for beginners.

The grading system is geared for people who have no or limited prior knowledge of martial arts (it just easier to pick up if you have). So when you start out there will be a lot of emphasis readying your fitness and flexibility for the techniques you will learn.
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

I have some Jujitsu photo on my site...
http://www.snyderproduction.com/main.php?content=pmenu2
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Is the "xtreme martial arts" the class called "xma"? if so, i get to do that stuff when i get my blue belt.
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

Yes, it is. as far as I know anyway
Seen trough a cats eyes, everything belongs to the cat
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

(I rewatched it) That looks so cool. Like i said the names are really stupid.
Some of them moves would be so cool inconjunction with some other stuff (for a movie).
I am pretty annoyed that i have to wait another 7 weeks until i can do xma. But in the mean time i might as well sign up to amok (knife fighting/defence). I think i could be able to go through the classes belts well, since i turn up to class like 4 times a week (it will be six when i get a higher belt and start amok/xma/skippin school)
Man i love martial arts, i get treated with respect, while beating the cr** out of a punching bag, being able to chuck something else onto a resume, and knowing that i could kill someone!
Quote from domino that suits my life (for martial arts/anything but fight scenes) "i work hard, im a hard worker, and im a fast learner" Hehehe, i say that when i play with my nunchucks.
Freshy

Post by Freshy »

um, WORD! those moves are sick guys. if you lived about 2000 miles closer i would use you in a film just to spread the word...keep up the sick work...
ThirddOracle

Post by ThirddOracle »

Your really good, i've been doing Jiu Jiutsu. I saw your black belts, really nice. Next time bring us some fighting to.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-AwmVd5IY]Basement Suicide[/url] - A scene where i blow my head off! :)
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

thanks a lot, people!
yeah, the intro is a bit lame =P but we just needed to present our names and stuff, so we created what you saw.

yes, XMA is Extreme Martial arts, good luck with it man!

The film is old, we have improved a lot, we got a new cam (Canon XL2), we are creating an actionfilm with fight scenes, and we will include fight scenes in our next samplers :)

thanks for the feedback, keeps us very motivated,
Fredrik
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Nice stuff. Tell me, do you know how to do this move: You jump and turn your body horizontal with your dominant leg be on top, and kick with the leg on top, the other guy blocks it with his non dominant arm (Assuming both actors are either righties or lefties), and the one in the air twists as he falls to the other side, and catches himself with his dominant hand and then kicks with the non-dominant leg , aimed at mid chest height, and cataches the guy in the solar plexus. I can get the first part, but the kick is to difficult with only one hand onm the ground, but I can't get the other one with out making the stretch too hard on my crotch. You have any suggestions?
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

hmm.. I didn't exactly understand that part. I can kick with standing on one hand?
get me a vid of you trying and showing, then I'll tips you up ;D
Darzeth

Post by Darzeth »

brings back good ole memories of when i use to trick. I could do bkicks,fei longs,540 and stuff like that. All the memories *teas*
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

thats cool, "you guys are like...ninjas man" anywho, that was very impressive and kinda funny.
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Last time I tried this I dislocated th shoulder, I'm a bit afgraid of doing it again.

Really, I guess what I'm Asking is do you think that this sort of thing should be done with two hands, or should we land the first half, and then change angles on the camera and just do it in editing?