New film: 'Storm Warning'

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

NGFilms03

New film: 'Storm Warning'

Post by NGFilms03 »

From the brilliant minds behind 'Sanguinary Man' and 'Bamboozle' comes a new film about friendship, betrayal and survival against all odds.

Britain has been marked for destruction and only the richest can afford a ticket out of the country. The rest of the population are resigned to their fate and left with two choices; sit around and wait for doomsday or shuffle off this mortal coil sooner rather than later. Following their parents’ suicide, brothers Sam and Matt embark on a dangerous journey cross-country. They are joined by their friends, Sophie and Ben, and together plan to stowaway on the final ferry to safety. But in this paranoid world, government moles are everywhere and the gang’s plans don’t stay secret for long. Now, with a stream of relentless assassins in pursuit and loyalties beginning to strain, the friends discover that the greatest threat may come from within…

An intelligent, action-packed epic, loaded with black comedy and subtle social commentary, Storm Warning is an edge-of-your-seat adventure featuring a hot young cast including Josh Bennett, Tom McInnes, Amy Silver and David Sykes.

Sorry =P.
Just a bit of self-promotion there.
I couldn’t be bothered to summarise the story again when I already had that written for the DVD cover.
So yeah, this is the opening of our new film we’re shooting this summer.
It’s not exactly ROFLz, starting with these guys’ parents’ suicide and all, but I hope you guys enjoy it.
Let me know what you think =].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUshu8mFg4E
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: New film:

Post by ctbullet »

i think that was awesome until your actors started talking, the script included too much intellectual jargon,

seemed inappropriate for british teenagers, and i would have put a bit of an accesent on,

unless thats the way you talk
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Well, that is how we talk. Sure, Britain's home to some pretty brain-dead youths, but we're not all morons. Some of us have a moderate grasp of the language we speak. As for the accent comment - huh?

x
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
ra2929

Post by ra2929 »

This has some potential. Unlike many other things I've seen, it's not an FX example. I love the writing. Dialogue is superb. Concept intriguing. The acting could use a little work (and I mean, a little) by toning down the pitch. Not Slower but Lower. How intelligent these boys speak would depend on their upbringing, I would think. The camera work is great on a few shots but bland on many others. By all means, fill out the story more because the concept is awesome. Who's destroying Britian? How long have they got? Are Assassin's nessecary for a few desperate teens? Maybe subtle music would help? Costume design? Lighting? Expand on this and show just how professional you can make it look. My hat is off to you.
"How I learned to stop worrying and LOVE THE BOMB!"
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

I liked it. The concept and everything is great. But the actors can put a little more emotions and not be stiff.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Thanks for the kind words.
ra2929, all will be explained a bit later on in the film.
What's happening is that with all the pollution, overpopulation, disease, war, political corruption, sexual perversion, murder and drug addiction, the UN have decided Britain is just not worth anything any more so are going to bomb it to clear the way for a new civilisation. These teens matter because they're grouped in with the problem (chavs, vandals, hooligans etc.) so will only 'pollute' this new civilisation if they manage to survive.
It's not meant to be taken 100% seriously, lol.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

I liked it. I can't wait for more. This is a good idea, and I hope you can keep the tension up through out.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

C'mon...
No one else has an opinion??
Help me out here, guys.
madcowmovies

Post by madcowmovies »

Dude, I loved it can't wait for more. That was brilliant.
http://madcowmovies.com
a.qotsa.fan

Post by a.qotsa.fan »

Damn good,
thought the actors were great, on the mark, just as we would be in that situation , swearing bought realism, and it didn't go over the top, that can be pretty hard to do.
another question what was the rifle and where did you get it from?
cant wait for the rest :P
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Thanks so much guys.

The rifles a 1914 Springfield and has absolutely no place in this film - it's in there coz it's the only gun we had at the time. We stole it from the school prop cupboard about three years ago and never returned it. It looks like it was homemade, but using the slide from a real rifle. We only use it for that cool reload action.

Thanks again

x
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
a.qotsa.fan

Post by a.qotsa.fan »

Ha