Movie: Dead Conspiracy (download now)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jimmypage1

Movie: Dead Conspiracy (download now)

Post by jimmypage1 »

Hey guys,

we made a 23 min. movie. here's the info and link. Tells us what u think of the movie? btw, acting is nopt the best :P
http://www.sht.ca/media/movie_dc_low.wmv

Synopsis: French President Jacques Chirac forms an alliance with Russia, telling the public that his odd coalition is made simply to compete with other super powers. A French citizen, known as Xavier, uncovers some of the Franco-Russian plans in a mini-disc. The plans are suspected to involve weapons of mass destruction. This leaves Xavier to betray his homeland in order to stop the making of these weapons and maintain world peace. His only problem is that he's internationally known as a deadly terrorist.

enoy
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Movie: Dead Conspiracy (download now)

Post by Kentertainment »

Thank you! I saw this film when it was first put on Matt Hawkins earlier and I never downloaded it. I just love this film, it's got great action sequences.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

THis is the best action film I have seen!!! Great Job dude... i like the intro to the movie it was great! :yourock:
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

I really enjoyed this film. It had the obvious Amateur look, but the effects, shots and script were that bit better than others on here.

The Good:

The story was good and easy to follow.
The Script was good.
The shots were varied and kept it interesting.
The editing was sharp and kept the films pace up.
The acting in places was very good.
I am not a big muzzle flash user, but thought they were good.
The props and costumes were great.
The sound effects were very good.
The FX used - e.g. Sniper view, computer screens - were very well made and placed.

The Bad:

The acting was bad in places, but added to the comedy element.
It went very dark in places, especially at the end where I couldn't see what happened. Did they shoot each other?
The giant moustache was more cringe worthy than funny.
I have no idea why those terrorists attacked the police station - it did remind me of the A-Team, how no one got shot even though they were fighting in close proximity.

Overall this was film was very well made, with a lot more good than bad. It looks as if you have put a lot of time and effort into it and you should be proud of what you have achieved.
I give this 9 out of 10. Well done. I hope to see more from you in the future.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

Wow...that was great. I couldn't watch all of it because my net kinda killed the download, but I saw most it. Excellent movie, really sucks ya in, awesome blowback on the guns aswell.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Yeah have to agree , this is a really good film. You seemed to have plenty of actors (even if now and then it was bad acting), locations. I thought it was cut very well and funny, plus it had lots of great action , what program did you use on this movie?
jimmypage1

Post by jimmypage1 »

First off... thanks for the feedback.

Sadly, little responses :(

I want more ppl to give their input about this movie.

Btw, this was out most ambitious, and sadly last project. Ppl get jobs and hooked on things that make harder for me to make a new movie.

Anyways, please, let's have more ppl watch this. We want to enjoy this.

btw, view oour progress when we kids, back in '02. www.oplproductions.tk be sure to check all the fun clips that show our dedication.

btw, i was trhe original poster of this movie, it seems that the randomly generated pw for tis forum makes it hard for me to remember :(
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

sorry to hear, that was a good movie. and back to my question what did you edit it on?
jimmypage1

Post by jimmypage1 »

For effects and titles -> After Effects
Editing -> Adobe PRemiere 1.5 pro

btw, the french guy ,xavier, had to flee to canada for 2 reasons. 1 being for his security; 2 in order to open the mini disc due to region settings conflicts in europe :P
Lebotimizer_1

Post by Lebotimizer_1 »

That ruled! shame its ur last movie, so far i ve seen 4 movies two by jperson regretted it. one by you good this one and mickkars one good. ps didnt like the cgi fag though.
'Ive been eating nothing but chicken tika and lasagne for days" - Dead Mans Walk 04
jimmypage1

Re: RE: Movie: Dead Conspiracy (download now)

Post by jimmypage1 »

DarkElastic wrote: The giant moustache was more cringe worthy than funny.
I have no idea why those terrorists attacked the police station - it did remind me of the A-Team, how no one got shot even though they were fighting in close proximity.

I give this 9 out of 10. Well done. I hope to see more from you in the future.
Yea the moustache turned many ppl down from watching the movie after many ppl on the board JUST watched the teaser (Which had 2 sec clip of the blonde hair guy with a black moustache).

But let me give u 3 reasons why i decided to implement the moustache.

1. It adds more character to the typical chief.
2. IT hides the yonge childish look on the actor (however that didnt work :P)
3. The blatant blond hair and the black moustache was something that laughed at, in terms of the idea of black vs. blond. u know?

Terrorist attack, due to poor overseeing of the entire storyline, was not so clear to the auidence. However, if u do recall, they were french when one of them said "la baguette" that was shot by himself.

So, the canadian agents want to kill Xavier and get the disk. Remember, Jacques Chirac WANTS NO ONE to see the contents of the disk cuz it blow Chirac's cover. So he had to send a random terrorist attack to kill the pursuing canadian agents, which they fail horribly.

The sense of the scene would have made sense if he a clip of Chirac calling an attack. OH well, too late for that :P

Glad u enjoy and so much for compliments. They make me want to get asequel to this movie or a new project :D
jimmypage1

Post by jimmypage1 »

Any particular scene that you've enjoyed the most?

and whY?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

60 mb? I'll download it after i finish downloading other stuff.
Hide or fight for your life?
jimmypage1

Post by jimmypage1 »

rhys wrote:60 mb? I'll download it after i finish downloading other stuff.
60 mb isnt so much for 23 minutes. Give me ur thought of the movie whenever you can!
jimmypage1

Re: RE: Movie: Dead Conspiracy (download now)

Post by jimmypage1 »

mickcar73 wrote:Yeah have to agree , this is a really good film. You seemed to have plenty of actors (even if now and then it was bad acting), locations. I thought it was cut very well and funny, plus it had lots of great action , what program did you use on this movie?
I used a combination of After Effects and Adobe Premiere 1.5. The DVD was also a success in my opinion, it had the pro look with tons of extras that were funny. USed Encore DVD for that.

God bless Adobe

viist www.oplproductions.tk for some extras and other previous work!
thegoodfella

Post by thegoodfella »

OK, nobody cares what the newbie thought but what the hell...

The action sequences were pretty decent actually, much better then most on the site and the effects were really impressive - paticularly liked the muzzle flashes.

The music was used effectively, even though I kept recognising pieces from here and there (The Bourne Identity, Max Payne videogames etc). That said, the only reason I recognised them is because I steal them myself for my own movies!

Some of the editing was good too (despite too many fade transitions), although I thought the camerawork was pretty poor on the whole.

Main problem: the script. The story was pretty damn stupid and I just kinda got bored with it because there was a complete lack of any dramatic tension & I didn't give a s*** what happened to any of these characters.

OK, I know I sound like a pompous prick - it's just meant to be a brainless action movie and I get that, but to sustain my interest for over 20 minutes it needs to have just a little bit more substance to it. Overall I did enjoy it though, definetely not taking that away from you. If I was to give it a score, maybe a 6.5/7 - good job.