Production opener (sooper kewl logo time)

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Production opener (sooper kewl logo time)

Post by SgtPadrino »

I found this animation that I made when I was about 14, and I tweaked it in Premiere to make a production opener out of it. Tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMt_r_9pLck
Firestorm

RE: Production opener (sooper kewl logo time)

Post by Firestorm »

-----
Last edited by Firestorm on Wed May 03, 2006 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

The sun is all screwed up... you need to fix it in the environment. The speed and stuff is cool... I'd suggest having the logo not just slide in though--use a 3D program and have it be moving out from closer to the camera, too. It's really fast and then the logo is sloooowly scrolling across the page. Might add a glow effect or something where the sun is behind it in AE or whatever.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I can't really tweak the animation itself, because, well... it's four years old and I don't have Bryce 4. Or any other 3D program, for that matter.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Ah, well it's still cool. :)
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

That was great, liked the music too. When the sun kind of brightens or bursts at the end, it would be cool if the screen whited out, and we zoom out on your logo. I dunno, but it was definitely cool.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Very cool and crazy looking. I think that Anderson's idea would look better with the screen whiting out. The logo going by seemed abit slow.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

you mad eit when you were 14? is it hard to make movement in 3d worlds and stuff like that.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Not really - Bryce 4 is pretty much idiot proof. Place the camera on a track, adjust the track, render.

It's the reason I plan on buying it - you can create some really fantastic and surrealistic landscapes with very little experience in the realm of 3D modeling/compositing/animating, etc.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Production opener (sooper kewl logo time)

Post by rhys »

Firestorm wrote:The sun is all screwed up... you need to fix it in the environment. The speed and stuff is cool... I'd suggest having the logo not just slide in though--use a 3D program and have it be moving out from closer to the camera, too. It's really fast and then the logo is sloooowly scrolling across the page. Might add a glow effect or something where the sun is behind it in AE or whatever.
Agreed, the title could have had more work added to it. When the sun bursts up it should fade to the title or something that shows it rather than sliding in. It was good however. Especially for 14, im 13 and would like 3d animation but u know, prices...
Hide or fight for your life?
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Production opener (sooper kewl logo time)

Post by ctbullet »

GOOOODDD

when the camera followed into the large caves or stalimites i couldn't follow what happened, seemed too quick as stated
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

i agree with mr.anderson. you should have the screen white out, then zoom out from your title, and the titles font is white, if you get what i mean.
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

/agree with Mr. Anderson about the title

I thought the concept was excellent. However, I'd recommend re-doing the animation using something that's more realistic than Bryce -- even Terragen would be a decided improvement. Or if you don't want it to look photoreal, tweak the video so it looks a bit more surreal.

And if you don't like any of those suggestions, just ignore me. My tastes are not quite normal anyway ;D
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Tweaked it again, implementing some of the suggestions to the best of my technical ability ;) I'll upload it soon.

And, like I said - don't have a 3D program, and in all likeliness that won't change soon :P
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Aye, that's why I suggested Terragen; it's free. Have a look here if you're interested: http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

Waiting to see the tweaked version!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.