what does Premier have to offer?

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

danastock

what does Premier have to offer?

Post by danastock »

hey guys
i was thinking of getting 'Adobe Premier'
i currently have 'Sony Vegas' though it has rather poor capturing quality and isnt very flexable.

i was wondering what Premier has to offer that Vegas doesn't
can u please answer a few questions for me about Premier also...

how well is the capture quality for Premier?
how good is the export quality?
what does it allow you to export as?
does it allow you to put and move images in the background?
If u have experiance with both Vegas and Premier which is better?
If u have experiance with both Vegas and Premier which has more control over your work?

thanks in advance

from Dana
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: what does Premier have to offer?

Post by Zacatac927 »

ok well i can answer most of the questions in one word....

great!

idk about vegas but im putting my money premiere is better..... i actually have premiere pro that i got on a student discount for less then premiere 6.5 was (i got it at about $200) the capture quality is great i use it for sports videos and no complaints have come saying bad quality

it exports AVI and then it can exprt AAF and something else inbetween projects

yah

zac
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Answering your questions, the quality is as good as you set it to be. Export quality tends to seem pixelated for most generic renders, although I only really use it to compare frames. You would want to make sure it's not interpolating. It is pretty good exporting direct to VHS or DVD. You can export it to any format your computer has. Sure you can have moving images in the background... you can do whatever you wish in editing. Vegas can do a lot of the same things as Premiere, but Premiere is a professional program. The latest version offers a lot more. I would say Premiere allows you more control, but I don't use Vegas much so I'm not one to compare. Editing software is something you get used to over time. The cool thing about Adobe products is you can use other Adobe pro programs with Premiere, such as Encore (powerful DVD creation software) and After Effects (visual effects software).
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Not a lot of experience with Vegas, but we use Premiere to edit for broadcast TV - Local programs as well as stuff going to The Weather Channel
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Scott_Talbot

Post by Scott_Talbot »

premiere is pretty similer to vegas. although, in my experience, not as reliable and not as quick (editing work flow and such.) but the downside of vegas is that almost no professionals use it. :/ right now i'm in a jam cause its hard for me to get editing work with local tv stations and advertising companies because they want people with experience in Final Cut, Avid or Premiere. As much as i love vegas, i would recomend getting either premiere or one of the other two.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Adobe Premiere Pro is really good. I use it for all of my spfx as well as editing and color correction. Its specifically made for editing but i think the plugins are good with special effects too.
It had good capture quality, i havent had trouble with it.
The export quality is broadcast quality, you can find that out with pinnacle as i had.
It lets you export to AVI, film strip (in conjuntion with photoshop), Bitmap, DV AVI, Export to tape, Animated GIF, Compuserve GIF, Quicktime, Targa, TIFF, and Windows Waveform.
Yes it has motion controls in the effects controls window which lets you have keyframed Position, Scale, Rotation and Ancor Point.
I dont have experience with Vegas, but Premiere does all i need.
As i said, no experience with Vegas but Premiere can do alot, i cant tell you anything else.
Yeah, buy Premiere Pro, but dont expect to know how to do everything immediatly, its not like pinnacle, its a fair bit more advanced.
Hide or fight for your life?