Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by Gyro »

I Am King LTD is getting right back into preproduction of its next film, which is a strong adaptation of a previous film, that never finished, Prevention. Therefore, the title is going to change. For the most part, this is a short film based on the current war in Iraq. Surrounded around three American Marines who are sent in to rescue an American pilot. We've got the script nearly finished, and the costumes/gear all gathered and plan to begin shooting a week from today. Check the physicals stunts and props section for costumes and gear, that I've posted. Now, here's a teaser poster.

I'll keep ya updated!
@seanbagley
ZombieKrieg2005

RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

Is the film called Prevention or Rains of April? I seem to remember both titles being discussed in the props section...? But the uniforms, your local scenery and the obvious expense you have put into this looks awesome!
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
freed

Post by freed »

I assume with the poster having 'Prevention' written on it in big bold letters, my advice is to put your money on that one.

As for Gyro, we still have yet to see 'The check' but since you seem to be devolping a habbit of not finishing your films, I guess we shouldn't old our breath right ? but I look forward to seeing this, the plot is interesting, and you seem to me really serious about it all.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Hey guess what Freed? You've never made a film. Burn! And oh yeah, I did finish "The Check" it's just not online yet... jerk.
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

"The Check" is finished, it and my film, "El Burrito de la Muerte" were both complete and sent to the Utah High School Film Festival.

But yes Gyro, I am also a bit confused...are you dropping, "Rains of April"? I remember you said you were going to do a complete rewrite to Prevention and call it something else...but nobody in out clan (You and CaptainAmerica) have been telling me anything! ROAR!

Bytheway, I like the poster it's sexy!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Prevention has been rewritten and the title will be changed as well, and Rains of April will be made as well. For the most part, Prevention will be a short film/test for Rains of April.
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Well all I can say is I am excited to help you with this film and ROA. It's going to be ledgendary...and supreme!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Definately, it's going to be way intense!
@seanbagley
freed

Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by freed »

Gyro wrote:Hey guess what Freed? You've never made a film. Burn! And oh yeah, I did finish "The Check" it's just not online yet... jerk.
Just because I don't post my movies online on a forum doesn't mean I make films?.....what a tit. You seriously Burned me on that one.

Jerk?....whoa slow down, I didn't think we were on that level, I see you do have some sort of childish grudge with me, carry it on all you want. You and your Utah clan amuse me, so sensitive.

I'll continue to say what I dislike about your films, and what I like about the, if you can't deal with that...........That's your problem chap :wink:
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by Gyro »

We're planning on beginning production this Saturday.
@seanbagley
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by ctbullet »

freed dont turn it aaronv2 please

i like the poster, basic, gets the point across, works well.....

s your script finihsed then or are you making it up on sat?
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I like the poster, look forward to seeing the final.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

The script is/going to be finished by Saturday, but what we're shooting on Saturday is scripted. No improv here, hehe.
@seanbagley
freed

Re: RE: Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by freed »

ctbullet wrote:freed dont turn it aaronv2 please
Huh ?
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by ctbullet »

dont turn into a prick, over critising every notion
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
justin!butcher

Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by justin!butcher »

Gyro wrote:Hey guess what Freed? You've never made a film. Burn! And oh yeah, I did finish "The Check" it's just not online yet... jerk.
Gyro, you have gotten to be quite the model butthole lately.
Anyway, it does look cool and Im looking forward to seeing it.
freed

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Film!

Post by freed »

ctbullet wrote:dont turn into a prick, over critising every notion
Hey, I'm only generating my opinion based on what I think of the product and it's the problems, I don't criticize every notion, i'll just point at the main reasons that stand out to me, so the film maker can work on that.
Look aroun dhere, over half my comments are positvie to people's work.

So before you go insulting me, sir, wait till i've gone overboard where it's no longer my opinion, but blatent slander, Gyro's good at that, ask him if you want someone to elaborate.
justin!butcher wrote:
Gyro, you have gotten to be quite the model butthole lately.
I'll second this.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Teaser Poster And Info On New Fi

Post by Gyro »

Why does this only happen in my threads?! Leave me alone everyone! Just talk about filmmaking! Argh! Ornsack! Camclub! Matt! Someone help! I'm sorry for making fun of Freed, just get 'em to leave me alone!
@seanbagley
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Well, yeehaw, we've got ourselves a good ol'fashion family feud. I always come in as a spectator on these, pretty damnfunny...but, not getting much done.

Freed, post some of your films. Im sure we'd all like to get a look at them. Hell, ive got DSL now, and i wanna use it.

Gyro, ive really enjoyed everything ive seen from you. C'mon Freed, theres gotta be something you like from Gyro.

Now lets just try to get this cr@p resolved, kinda funny at first, but i think i speak for everyone in not wanting to see every thread that involves you two turning into a kindergarten slap fight. Not blaming anyone, but lets just end it.

And...I love that poster. Makes me think of Jarhead. The white lighting suits it nicely, makes me picture desert heat more. And for some reason, i actually like that we cant see his firearm, feels actually appropriate here for some reason.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Thanks Mr. Anderson, for both the advice and comments on the poster!
@seanbagley
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Saturation, contrast, and layout are good. Might desaturate the color on the words or adjust the hue slightly... maybe a little too barf-ish.

Actually, leave the color alone and just get rid of the glow on "Prevention". Do something else to set it apart if you must, but the glow just muddles the poster.