buried alive

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jackbauer24

buried alive

Post by jackbauer24 »

For my next movie I need to bury my actor alive. This is how I plan to go about this:

1st: I will dig a hole (probably 6ftX3ft) and lay a tarp in it.

2nd: I will dig a trench (2inX2in) connected to the grave but leading in a different direction. (It will probably be a few feet long. just enough to be out of the frame when I film it.

3rd: I will have my actor lie down in the hole, and I will give her a tube. At the far end of the trench the tube will be sticking out, and the rest will be buried in the 2in-by-2in trench.

4th: My actor will put the tube in her mouth and close her eyes. She will then be covered with dirt and when the camera is rolling she will pop up.

Is there anything I can do to improve this. or is there any danger in this? (the dirt covering the actor will not be very deep 2inches at the most in case for some reason she cannot breathe through the tube)
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

wow....seems a little extreme but i can't think of any other way to do it...
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

i was thinking it was a bit extreme. but i think that this way is fine. it is the only way to get it exactly how i want it, i think. also another question:

Do you think my actor will be able to hear me when i yell "action"? even though she will be under about 2 inches of dirt?
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

the earth that you are putting ontop will be very loose and as it is shallow it will not weigh much so she should have no problems hearing you, as long as she can push herself out I can see no immediate problems. make sure though that the tube is of a good diameter as even a minimal amout of weight on a chest can make breathing difficult. (try breathing through a hose pipe from the bottom of an average swimming pool).

overal the way that you are planning on doing this has a very low risk factor if you are very carefull about it, and dont forget about all the bugs and stuff in the soil getitng inside her clothes so I hope she is not squeamish! lol
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Back in the day i loved watching wrestling..and i loved buried alive matches!! Anyway, they build a trap door in the grave that the wrestler would sneak into while the dirt is being thrown in the grave so it sounds like you got it covered!
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

thats how magicians do it, they fal in the whole, roll to the edge extra compartment and close a door, the dirt if then thrown in

you do realise how long this will take to dig...
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

It will take a while but i will do it with my friend. actually i bet that i could have it finished within a week. but i dont know.