Drugs

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

darrigaz

Drugs

Post by darrigaz »

Im doing a film which some kids take halucenogenic drugs to enter a sort of game (like a video game but the drugs just alter their minds so it only seems real to them, theyre gonna run around with imaginery guns and stuff its all gonna be a bit wierd) but a question of style has arrisen

What colour and shape should the tablets/pills they take be and what container should they be in ?
----------------------------------------------
WOOT SIGAGE!!!
Yeh ....... It's really not that exciting after all
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Drugs

Post by pdj »

Do you know those gimmick 'i love you' lollies they sell at candy shops? They're colourful and would look good on camera. See how they go
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

Look in your medicine cabinet and see what you can get your hands on. I understand that hallucenogenic drugs can look like a number of things.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Drugs can basically look like anything. Stuff that would probably look good: Vitamin E capsules (if you're looking for a liquid kind of drug); problem is I don't know how many of those you can take without causing yourself a problem, so on-camera use may be limited. For a general capsule-with-white-powder in it, Metamucil (spelling may not be accurate--those fiber supplement things) would work, and you can take a lot of them and the worst that'll happen is that it will clear your system out thoroughly :P.

And then if you're not gonna be swalling them on camera, brief glimpes of Tylenol, Advil, aspirin pills, those would all work too.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

as for the container it depends on where you got these drugs, if they cause hullicinations then they're probably dodgy therfore come in plastic freezer bags if you know what i mean
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah small plastic baggies are key, and what I've done in the past for a drug OD scene where the actor actually had to swallow about 50 "pills" was use some of the really tiny Fresca breath mints. Altoids look like crack. Use some sort of candy, the worst thing that'll happen is a sugar rush.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

Use those Eclipse mints. (i think they are eclipse) they come in the blue can thing. they dont have any logo or anything imprinted on them so they will not look like a mint
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

woo sugar rush!!
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

Eclipse mints are good. Also, you could probably crush up some Altoids for a cocaine look, or use flour like they did in MTL.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

those liquid/ice mints would look pretty neato....
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

it would be cool if you took a mint or something and dyed it red or blue with foodcoloring and then ate it. i think red would look best
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

You're worrying too much! They're just pills, worry more on how you'll make it look in his P.O.V.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

good point