Stories From The Street Trailer

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Here is the trailer for our latest work. We have a deal with PBS in the works, so if you live in Oregon, you should see it sometime in July on the airwaves.

ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Stories From The Street Trailer

Post by Gyro »

That actually looks very promising and inspirational. I'm going to Haiti in 2007 with a team called Healing Hands For Haiti www.healinghandsforhaiti.org and plan to shoot a documentary. I hope, actually to have it done in time for a Sundance submission. But let me know how this goes.
@seanbagley
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I will, and that is awesome that you are doing that. This thing has become so much bigger then us already, we have teachers that want to get it into the school system as material that is available for the kids to see.
I just got contacted by Access Food Share on Friday, for those of you that don't know Access Food Share is basically a place where people can go and get free food and assistance, it is ran by public donations and not government supported. This to be honest is not the direction Nova Productions thought this would go, but hey we will ride the ride till it’s over. The only down side to this whole thing so far is that PBS is requiring us to include something at the end that we really didn't want to, but its not a biggy and really doesn't change the movie, but again, its not the direction we want it to go. The DVD will not have this extra stuff, except for the School version that we intend will come out also. I will post more as we get more information. As usual we will have a DVD out; this one will be $14-19.95 and $3.95 shipping. We will be offering a short version of it on the net, but the longer version with commentary and such will be available only on DVD. Thanks for the comments; this is the first one we have done that has got unanimous positive comments on it.
Last edited by ipon70 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

What the heck no one else has anything to say??
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Stories From The Street is just about finished up. Anyone from Oregon or Northern California we would love to have you at the premiere night later in October.

We parted ways with PBS as they wanted to turn our movie into something different then what we wanted, so we told them we would just make it, if they like it, they can air it. I don't think we won any friends there, but it was really heading down a road we didn't want to go.

We got some increadible footage for you guys to see in the finished product, and one particular piece that will blow your mind, trust me. And that is all I am going to say at this point.

Stories From The Street has truly been and adventure in filming, life, and all around compassion for people. I really hope you guys enjoy this and give us some feedback when we release it later next month. Please help us get the word out if you can about this movie, by downloading our poster and putting it up around your town. Put some up take a picture of where you put it, send it to us...and the one we like the most will recieve a free copy of Stories From The Street on dvd. Just our way of saying thanks.

Thanks guys for all your support and especially to Matt Hawkins for his great site.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

That's really neat... what was PBS wanting to do with it?
Don't think I've ever seen a documentary or anything about homeless people. Very original and looks really interesting, can't wait to see the finished product.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Firestorm

We contacted PBS with a 5 min clip and they were really interested in what we were doing. So as the months went on, they started talking about making it part of a 3 hour special, our spot taking 1 hour between 7-8pm for 2 weeks. Well they also wanted us to include statistics, and interview people that work with them, basically in a nut shell they wanted to turn it into a "call to arms" movie, something squishy and feel good and what people can do once they have seen the movie, and how you can help, and it just wasn't what we wanted the movie to be about.

Just to give you an idea of what its about, we ask them all the same question, and it was one question only "What were you doing in your life, right before you became homeless or ended up on the street".. Then we capture their story.

Anyway it is going to be good (IMO) hope you guys like it when its done.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Stories From The Street is now online. Please check it out on our site and let me know what you guys think.

Enjoy everyone

Stories From The Street Download
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com