What do you think of this bloodshot?

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Freddie

What do you think of this bloodshot?

Post by Freddie »

What I did was making some fake blood and poured it in a small hole in an egg and covered the hole with some white tape. then I threw it on my mate and added a gunshot.

please tell me what you think of this technique and if it will work in a movie.
We just tried the technique, we didn't cared that much about the color of the blood etc.

Best regards, Freddie

oh yeah.. the link:
www.systrickz.com/other/systrickz-bloodtest.mpg

PS: I really want it to look like its a hole in the body, not just fake blood on a shirt.
www.Systrickz.com (stunts, tricks, martial arts, flips + little effects in some vids)
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: What do you think of this bloodshot?

Post by ctbullet »

yeh that looked pretty sweet, looked painful though, did you just throw it or use something else to propel it
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

the eggs looked like bones, I've heard of your technique and more ppl are starting to use it, you could matte the egg out when its thrown too. My friends going to South Beach and he's picking me up some bricks of firecrackers :).
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

That was awesome. It looked like a shotgun hit. What did you use for fake blood? I once did the same method as you, but it didnt look that good.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

thanks for the comments guys, I'll try to answer you the best I can:

ctbullet: I did just throw it! :D but speeded it up a bit in premiere

DEDFX: haha, eggbones :p Ahh! Buy me some!!

jackbauer24: thanks man, yeah, was a bit too much "blood" in it. Lool! my fake blood consisted of:
-bringberry
-flour
-ketchup
-blueberry
-water

My question to you:
How to make it look like he's getting a hole in his body? not just a squirt of blood on his shirt.
Thank you
www.Systrickz.com (stunts, tricks, martial arts, flips + little effects in some vids)
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

[quote="Freddie"]thanks for the comments guys, Ithis may be a stupid question, but what is a bringberry. are they only in Norway? i am in california and i have never heard of them. are they like blackberries?

Anyways for the hole in body thing: A while ago i filmed some blood stock footage. so i shot blood/gut stuff out of a tube against a white background so i could add it in to different things. anyways. after the shot there is a bit of bloody stuff at the edge of the tube and it looks a little like a hole in somebody. give me your email and i can email you what it looks like.

but that would be a cg way to do it, and it is always better to do the real thing. so just color the person (where you want the hole in them) with charcoal or something (for a charred look) and put pieces of bread soaked in fake blood around it and add some blood and it might look like a hole
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I like it. Looks good. If you wanted to eliminate the whiteness, just pretend it is Easter and dye the shells. :)
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

jackbauer24 wrote:thanks for the comments guys, Ithis may be a stupid question, but what is a bringberry. are they only in Norway? i am in california and i have never heard of them. are they like blackberries?
haha, sry man! I meant raspberry! The fakeblood mix I made is a bad thing though, doesnt look like real blood at all actually. Was just trying the technique.

my email: frezko@systrickz.com
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Epsilon wrote:I like it. Looks good. If you wanted to eliminate the whiteness, just pretend it is Easter and dye the shells. :)
actually.. it is easter! :D and that's what we're gonna do aswell
Thank you