Elevator Mock-Up

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

JackBauerII

Elevator Mock-Up

Post by JackBauerII »

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. My movie requires a few scenes (two of which include guns) and I know that there are usually security cameras in public elevators. Should I consult with a janitor or someone else or just play it same and make a mock-up? Thanks!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Elevator Mock-Up

Post by Epsilon »

There are elevators all over the place. Perhaps you could use an office building (or even a school building) on an off day or during night. Since elevators are mainly indoor objects, I don't forsee any police scares long as you have permission for the location and aren't discharging blanks.
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I'm a little worried about doing it in a public elevator still. No, I'm not discharging blanks, (I'm using airsoft) I was thinking of making a mock up or creating an elevator with green-screen. If I do make one out of green screen, will it look horrible?
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Chances are it won't look that good, unless you are dead on with the lighting and have a good camera. Going digital is still more trouble than it's worth. If you don't want to use a public elevator, then find a private one! :lol:
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

yeh epsilon is right, a green-screen elevator would suck, there must be plenty of rarely used ones without security camera that you could sneak into
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

usually, if you talk to whoever would get in the most trouble if you got caught in an elevator with guns, offer to let him be there personally to make sure you don't do anything naughty and, occasionally, line his pockets with a little something, you will find someone who is more than willing to let you have some fun
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.