Ribbands Explosives

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jackbauer24

Ribbands Explosives

Post by jackbauer24 »

I was just looking around on the internet and found this website.

www.ribbands.co.uk

For those of you in the uk (i am not) you may have already heard of this, but they sell explosives and detonaters and other things in that category. I dont know what is legal and what isnt in the uk, but this might help if you need to blow stuff up. I think it is a bit expensive though
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Ribbands Explosives

Post by DEDFX »

When they say selling explosives, they mean to licensed pyrotechnicians. They'd never sell explosives to anybody, either that or they help you use them for your film and whatnot like a pyro.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

On the website they say: "...military explosives and pyrotechnics, which are immediately available for civilian and military users..." i agree with you in the part about needing a liscense, and maybe they might help you out with something like you said. how hard is it to get a pyrotechnic liscense?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I used to be into that stuff but I'm guessing a special course somewhere and for IDK how long. They'd also have to run a background check to make sure you're not a psycho.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

After seeing the site it looks more like thay have nothing to do with handing out explosives at all except for fireworks to organisers? they wont gfive out explosives as they are a disposal and demolitions company. look at there list of clients.
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions