Special effects/CGI

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

marktut

Special effects/CGI

Post by marktut »

Does anyone on here have the skill to do "tv scifi level" special effects/CGI.

Myself + a friend are looking into financing our own feature film but we don't know anyone with the relevant skills and don't have money to pay a professional effects company.

This would be alot of work but we are willing to pay for effects of "tv level scifi" quality.

Examples of your work would need to be shown....In Uk money could probably pay £5,000, not sure how much that is in dollars.

Maybe could go a bit higher if quality is good enough.
FabianJansen

RE: Special effects/CGI

Post by FabianJansen »

Ahaha... well i don't think i'm quite good enough for that yet, but my 3D's on www.fabi-the-hedgehog.deviantart.com

Look around dA, theres a LOT of good 3D people!
"These are the voyages..."
marktut

RE: Special effects/CGI

Post by marktut »

About your work, I thought your space ship battle was well done, as you say not up to the quality level i'm talking about but that is a very high standard.

I notice on your profile on DA it says your 17, so plenty of time to improve and you should be able to become a professional yourself in a few years.

Thanks for the response.
XhuntedoverlordX

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

Hey, a fellow deviant. I only have one picture on mine because I haven't had a chance to update in a while. www.plainclothes-devil.deviantart.com. I'm not very good but check it out sometime if you're bored.
a2e

Post by a2e »

Well my 3D is no better then FabianJansen's is, so I guess I am not the guy for the job. But I am curious how many CG shots there are going to be and if any of them are going to require any organic modeling/animating?
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

What kind of TV Scifi level effects are we talking here? I'm not volunteering but maybe on future projects I may be interested. Have a look at my website and view some of my effects clips (See sig banner).
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
marktut

Post by marktut »

Thanks for all the replys guys but after lots of talk with my friend we have decided to go a different route.....

We have both decided to attempt to go professional and get financing for our project from british film industry (what there is of it)

As for how many cgi shots well i'm thinking of cutting the down alot as attempting to go professional and have on set effects/makeups.

Probably will have a few cgi effects but these will be handled by a professional company.

After sucess of shaun of the dead, dog soliders, the descent, I have decided to go horror route rather than scifi as it generally is cheaper due to its modern day setting.
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

Action films are pretty cheap to make, I'm making one on a £500 budget I dont know why british film only make comedys and horrors, although alot of them are pretty dam good