I know it's a lot to ask for

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

XhuntedoverlordX

I know it's a lot to ask for

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

I'm currently working on a school play entitled "My Father's War" written by my theatre arts teacher. A scene or two takes place in a flashback to a world war two era USO dance and a few scenes take place on the battlefield. Now I know it's a lot to ask for, but we're trying to get costumes right now and I was wondering if anyone had any sort of dress uniforms from the world war two era, or vietnam combat uniforms that they could sell for cheap, or possibly lend to me. I know that you may be hesitant to lend something to someone who you barely know at all, over the internet of all places, but if you're uncomfortable with that then possibly we could make some kind of contract saying i'll give the costumes back. Please let me know if you guys can help, the play is in the first week of April so if I could get the costumes by the end of the month that'd be great. Thanks.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

It may be your best interest to look for an online store to get your WW2 costumes. Have you tried searching on google for an online store?
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
XhuntedoverlordX

I have, but most of them are pretty expensive, and they sell the uniforms in parts, I'd like to try to get everything in a set if I could. My grandpa served in Korea and I was going to ask about his old uniform, but I think he threw it all out after he got back.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

"I bought on eBay"

Go check it out, I find my stuff on there CHEAP!
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

wow another amature war movie... cant wait to see this one. is anyone going to get hurt that sure would be fun to make.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Actually, aaron, he's making a play, so it's original (at least on this board)!

But I'm with you on amatuer war films in general. Bah. Overdone and most of 'em are done poorly.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

www.wwiiimpressions.com
www.atthefront.com
www.whatpriceglory.com

The three best stores that offer reproduction WW2 clothing, guarenteed. It's not cheap, but they are the primary vendors to all those war movies you watch and are the same guys reenactors deal with.

If you want cheap army uniforms... buy modern outfits.
XhuntedoverlordX

Okay, i'm not really looking for the real deal, as long as it looks like the real deal. If I can get modern repros for cheap then that's good enough. Thanks for the links.