Digital Camera

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Siratramus

Digital Camera

Post by Siratramus »

I just bought a digital STILL camera. I noticed it took video (a fairly standard accessery these days). and can record 15 seconds of footage on the internal drive. I quickly dismissed this as practicly useless.

Then i put in my sd card. My kid was having a tantram, so i thought i would record it and play it back to him to show him what he looks like. (this worked by the way, the moment he saw it, he stopped the tantram.) But at this point i discovered that the card could hold up to 45 minutes of footage (320-240). I was well inmpressed with this.

Has anybody used this sort of thing for shorts.

It seems to me if you where making something with very little editing, it would be extremely handy.

I have visions of running around with a head mounted lamp for lighting, but it would be a fun little format to experiment with.
There is nothing more tragic than seeing your family torn apart by something a simple as a pack of wolves.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Digital Camera

Post by Vamp »

A local filmmaker is makinga full length using just cell phone cameras which will then be scanned onto film. Yes, using a still camera is very possible :P
www.neverdead.co.nr
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

It's incredibly handy!

The footage of my mate being drunk on my website (http://www.guksack.com/random/Blabbers.WMV - 1.64mb) was shot on an old stills camera. If you're in a moment then there's nothing better than whipping out your stills camera and capturing it!

I also remember someone (Kentertainment?) making a whole zombie film using a stills camera

Of course one day you'll have high quality video and pics on your phone as standard, and this all-in-one device will take over the world!)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
puje

Post by puje »

I have used a Sony Cybershot for all the movies I have made.
Check my website for the results...
[url]http://www.bigcow.dk[/url]
[img]http://www.bigcow.dk/images/boardlogo.GIF[/img]
FabianJansen

Re: Digital Camera

Post by FabianJansen »

Siratramus wrote:I just bought a digital STILL camera. I noticed it took video (a fairly standard accessery these days). and can record 15 seconds of footage on the internal drive. I quickly dismissed this as practicly useless.

Then i put in my sd card. My kid was having a tantram, so i thought i would record it and play it back to him to show him what he looks like. (this worked by the way, the moment he saw it, he stopped the tantram.) But at this point i discovered that the card could hold up to 45 minutes of footage (320-240). I was well inmpressed with this.

Has anybody used this sort of thing for shorts.

It seems to me if you where making something with very little editing, it would be extremely handy.

I have visions of running around with a head mounted lamp for lighting, but it would be a fun little format to experiment with.
Thats how we started out, a digicam that took 30sec clips at 30fps. You can do just about anything you can do with a normal cam... fun to get started with!
"These are the voyages..."
redkorn

RE: Re: Digital Camera

Post by redkorn »

Im a photographer and i dont recommend taking video with a digital camera and still photos with a video camera. I use a Nikon D1H
Siratramus

confussed

Post by Siratramus »

ummmmm. OK

Is there a reason you suggest this or is it simply becaused you are a professional.
There is nothing more tragic than seeing your family torn apart by something a simple as a pack of wolves.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: confussed

Post by Epsilon »

It's all up to the videographer's choice. He says that because video on digital cameras and still on video cameras are all usually horrible quality.