8mm Film Camera

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

8mm Film Camera

Post by UFProductions »

I purchased an 8mm Eumig Mini 3 Zoom Reflex camera today. It uses standard Kodak Super 8mm film cartridges, and is powered via battery. Works (as far as I know; the motor runs), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the film cartridge (there was one in there already). Anyone know how it might install, Google/Wikipedia were no help. On another note, I'm 18 today! Wooo!!
Trochaic

RE: 8mm Film Camera

Post by Trochaic »

Can you get the gate open?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I'm saving up for a Bolex H16 Reflex cam, I found an old 8mm film in my grandmothers basement, maybe you put it in and maybe put a thread a little bit of the film...?
Trochaic

Post by Trochaic »

Well if it's anything like my Bauer, you lift a switch under the view finder that opens the gate, then you just simply pry the cartridge out with your fingers. Good choice with the Bolex DEDFX, I'm leaning towards the K-3 or a Scoopic.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I heard the Bolex's are loud though, I guess you put some sheets around them if you want to record sound on the spot, that sucks. Why did you choose a K-3 (no idea what that is) or a scoopic?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Hey, thanks for the replies, I've got the gat open and everything, but the cartridge just wont buge after, and there appears to be no latches, buttons etc... I don't want to break it hauling it out of there, and I've already pulled on it way harder than should be necessary. Here's some pics, if that helps:

aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

Just pull it out... I have several film cameras i find at thrift stores. All of the ones i have you simply grab it by the sides and pull on it.
It sucks that i have to send the film to a kodak processing center in africa or some place
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Trochaic

Post by Trochaic »

Yeah that's what I do, just kind of pop it out. Your lucky you still got some K40! (by the way I see your running limewire, naughty naughty! :wink: )
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

*whistles nonchalantly* Nothing to see here...

Alright, I tried just reefing on the thing, to the point where the plastic was creaking and flexing, and still nothing. There must be a trick, I think I'll just have to take it into a camerea shop.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

isnt film for 8mm and 16mm around $20? Try to look for a lab near you for processing, go to google and type in film processing lab directory.

try google for 8mm film camcorder manual or something.