Improving Quality

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Craig

Improving Quality

Post by Craig »

Hi,
I am just new here so forgive me is in the wrong thread. Is there any way to improve quality of the videos I take? Is there software to improve the quality, make clearer etc. or will I need a new camcorder? It is ok when I play it at a small size but when I enlarge it the image goes grainy. To understand what I mean, I suggest you change the size to 800.

Example= http://media.putfile.com/IMAG0015

Please wait for it to load.
Thanks
Craig
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Making your video smaller does make the quality better but it mostly depends on your camera, when editing, export it to AVI instead of MPEG even though MPEG is a smaller storage size AVI has much better quality. The putfile movie sorta looks a lot like an 8mm film, what kind of camera do you have?
Craig

Post by Craig »

Its a very cheap Mustek DV3032, it is digital. Is there any software to use to improve it? With the camcorder I got Ulead Video Studio 6. Would that help? Also I am thinking putting another set of clips on a DVD. Thats why I asked in the first place because I dont want a low quality image on DVD.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I would suggest getting a low end miniDV camera.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You can't create something from nothing. Enlarging smaller images will always give you a pixellation effect.